Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
:surprise:

I pushed a 'thanks' button

"CBR-250-R, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Thanks went through, another thanks at another post also worked without 'no permission', after the first one.
I'm getting this display too. I tried to thank a post just 2 hours back.

·
Registered
514 Posts
There is a link to the last post? I don't seem to have that.:confused:
Maybe to last page, not 100% sure.
As you can see, 2 topics have, one doesn't.
I think, it goes away, after seeing the last post. Or not have been in that topic, before.
Weird, anyway >:)

Oh, is the up;oad windows working like before?
I think, it isn't. But not sure, 'cause didn't do it that often!
Function is ok, it is uploading.
But I miss something, I think!

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ooooppss seems to be working now. Sorry for the trouble Mr. Admin.
Looks like, one mistake gone, one more to go:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JJaafar For This Useful Post:
Remove Your Thanks CBR-250-R (Today)

>:)

Why exactely was it, that you changed the total forum?
The color/design wasn't really the reason, right?
You wanted something to do!
0:)

(sry)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Maybe to last page, not 100% sure.
As you can see, 2 topics have, one doesn't.
I think, it goes away, after seeing the last post. Or not have been in that topic, before.
Weird, anyway >:)

Ok, now it's really weird!

Clicking on the link, I posted in the quotet post, was opening, for this topic, a window, that showed my attachements.

Admin: What is this thing, I thought, it is the last post/page link for?

Kind of I have a deja vu, right now.
I think I experienced about the same (kind of) weird circumstances, 2008 or 2009, in a game forum. After they changed there something, too. Every 2. click got you a different outcome

·
Registered
514 Posts
And the second link, on that recent disscussion list, is opening (open in other tab) exactely this page, now!
Even if "another reason to not be" is the topic for it.

:surprise:

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Giving Thanks is still flaky.

Sometimes I get the unauthorized screen, sometimes it starts to and successfully posts my Thank.

But Removing Your Thank is still resulting in the error 100% of the time.

And thanks for your efforts. The new board is nice!
On it, opening the ticket back up.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts
I don't have a nominate button (see attached picture).:confused:
But I would also nominate this post: http://www.cbr250.net/forum/riding-gear-apparel/52857-dont-think-you-need-atgatt.html in conjunction as that is also a message that needs to be spread.
I also don't have the nominate button
no nominate option..
No nominate option.
I'm wondering if the 'Nominate Post' is just a one time - single user feature... in other words, once a member (any member) nominates a particular post, the 'Nominate Post' button disappears from the screen for other members looking at that post.

I just gave it a 5-star rating, instead.
I'm thinking that since it not the same thing as voting (where as the 'star rating' is a voting feature for the thread), there would be no need for a post to be nominated multiple times to be considered for use in the newsletter.

So then the question is, do you have 'Nominate Post' buttons for other posts which have not been already nominated by another member? Is there one at the top of my post right here?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I know I have one. I'm wondering on the off chance only the mods have this feature, in which btw, every member she'd have.

Anyone NOT a mod have the 'nominate post' feature on the upper right corner of the post?

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts
Not to be nitpicking, but over on the right side of the page under the heading Featured Vehicle there is an image of a '11 - '12 CBR250R, along side text which reads "2015 Honda CBR300R ABS".

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Not to be nitpicking, but over on the right side of the page under the heading Featured Vehicle there is an image of a '11 - '12 CBR250R, along side text which reads "2015 Honda CBR300R ABS".
Yes, and it was a big mistake to split the 250 and 300 forums. Now each will be less than half as good as what it could have been together.
So many adds makes it slower to scroll and the submit button is too far down the page from the text field. I will probably go back to the old look.

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
For the life of me I can't seem to find it. Can you take a screenshot please?

Thank you!

~Kay

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts
Kay - I think they mean this, we need to update the model to a newer CBR 250.

Jeff
I'll send it in for updating. Thanks Jeff!

~Kay
Actually I don't think it's an issue of updating to a newer variant of the CBR250R, but rather changing the image to a 2015 CBR300R so that it corresponds to the text which reads "2015 Honda CBR300R ABS". If you look at the "Featured Vehicle" on the RH side of the CBR300forum.com page, it shows the correct image to match the text.

I say this, assuming that the original intention was to feature the 2015 CBR300R, since that is Honda's current model, and the replacement for the CBR250R (probably not much point in featuring the 2011-2013 CBR250R, as it is no longer produced, and dealer inventories of new carryover CBR250R's are minimal).

·
Registered
414 Posts
I hadn't logged in for several days and was initially certain that I was in the wrong place. This is like the college nightmare of going home, only to find that your family moved without telling you. Where am I/ Who are you people?

I suppose I'll get used to it (not that it matters if I do or don't in the great scheme of things) but to my older eyes and mind the new theme is an assault of advertising (there's already enough of that everywhere else, thank you), brightness (it's like staring into the sun, I need a little shade), and change for the sake of change (just my opinion). Maybe I'm just cranky at the unexpected differences, and tomorrow it will all seem okay to me...

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
The picture should now match the words.

I hadn't logged in for several days and was initially certain that I was in the wrong place. This is like the college nightmare of going home, only to find that your family moved without telling you. Where am I/ Who are you people?

I suppose I'll get used to it (not that it matters if I do or don't in the great scheme of things) but to my older eyes and mind the new theme is an assault of advertising (there's already enough of that everywhere else, thank you), brightness (it's like staring into the sun, I need a little shade), and change for the sake of change (just my opinion). Maybe I'm just cranky at the unexpected differences, and tomorrow it will all seem okay to me...
We understand that the new layout will not be everyone's cup of tea so there is an option to go back to the old one. All you will need to do is scroll down to the very bottom of the page and the style changer can be found in the bottom left corner. Attached is a screenshot of it. We've named the old style (Classic),

~Kay

Attachments

41 - 60 of 87 Posts