Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just put new Avon Azaro 110 x 17 and 140 x 17 on my CBR250. Slightly higher profile but a good fit. Put a thousand miles on the original tires with no compliants. Changed to Avon "Made in England" since I do not have much faith in Asian tires in general. I have used Avon tires for a very long time and always found them excellent as Sport Touring.

·
Registered
269 Posts
bridgestone has some supermoto tires i was looking at bt090's i think? but depends on what you're looking to get out of the tires, mileage or performance

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Same

I am very happy with the stock tires and will consider buying them again. I have 2500 miles on mine and the rear is barely starting to show any change in the center. The front would be impossible to tell from new. People have gone to the track on these tires with good results. I ride in the rain where they have never hinted at a slip despite grabbing the front brake a few times as a test.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are some good tires for preformace and some good tires for milage? I'm trying to keep as many options open so i know how to narrow them down.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
IRC price

I checked the price of the stock IRC tires and they aren't much cheaper than any other top of the line tire so now I can see making a switch when mine wear out depending on what is considered to be the best deal on a high mileage touring tire at the time. These are the same size and model as what comes on the new gen Ninja so I am surprised that there aren't more take offs on ebay.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Dunlop Roadsmart

I am not in a rush to replace the excellent IRC tires that come stock on the CBR250R until they wear out, but I will probably try to fit the one size bigger (smallest they make) Dunlop Roadsmart when the time comes. It is supposed to be among the best wet traction vs tire wear tires ever made. The smallest they offer is 150/70/17 rear and 120/70/17 front. Michelin also offer these as the smallest sizes for their excellent Pilot Road 3. We may be able to get a good close out price on left over Pilot Road 2 by next spring but it looks like most of the best sport/ touring tires available will have to be a size up.
Dunlop TireROADSMART
Michelin Motorcycle Tires
Dunlop Roadsmart Tires Review - Motorcycle USA

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Always loved Bridgesone sports tyres for their feel for decades.. But tyre choice is a very personal thing.

These IRC's are getting surprisingly good write ups by experienced testers all over the world, and one guy here did a track day no problem.. check his tyre pics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys, any idea what would be the best comparable tire to the Michelin Power Pure tires? I went online to order some and was dismayed to find out that they don't make them in the size required for our 250s :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts