Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! My name is Mike, I'm in West LA and I just picked my CBR250R today! I have 10k miles down on a CRF250L so I'm comfortable with this motor.
It is a 2012 with 2900 miles.

The previous owner had the bike lowered (down 1"), with a lowering link, as well as the front forks.
I put about 50miles on it today and it seems really fun. initially I felt eager to rise it back up to stock level, now I'm thinking I should take it on a canyon run and see how it does. What do you guys think? I'm 5'10" 200lbs. Any pros or cons you can suggest?

Thanks guys! I'm really happy to be here.

·
Registered
144 Posts
With your weight and the soft suspension and that 1" drop you ground clearance will be a lot less. Also with your height I cant imagine you have problems flat footing. Personally I would return it back to stock.

But you should take it out and see what you think about it first.

Reactions: Schroeder

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
You may want to upgrade the suspension with the proper springs for your size. Typically small cycles are sprung for lightweights.

Ditch the lowering links and bring the forks back to their original position. You are losing a bunch of ground clearance with your size and lowering, and most often the handling is worse than stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree. I normally do this stuff myself but I think I'll take it in and have a shop do it. It so low its comedic. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
If you do any amount of sport riding, a new set of quality tires and upgraded suspension set to you weight and riding style will be one of the best improvements you can make.

You aren't going to win any drag races with the CBR, but with the suspension set properly you will certainly have a good time and maybe surprise a few big-bike riders in the corners.

Ari Henning (formerly of Cycle World) raced a CBR250R for a while and I'm pretty sure he wrote some articles about what he found that worked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts