Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's up y'all? My name is Mike. I'm brand new to the forum. I bought a 2011 250r, and it'll be delivered on Saturday. I live in Seoul, South Korea, and I heard the riding in the mountains outside of Seoul is amazing. I'm new to riding, and took a 250r for a test ride last Monday during rush hour traffic here in Seoul. I have to admit it was freakishly intimidating at first because I am basically a newbie to riding. And it was the first time I threw myself into the chaos of downtown Seoul. In Seoul, riders can get away with murder compared to back in the States. So it should be great buzzing around the city and in the countryside. Anyway, I hope to get some great info, and eventually contribute to the forum.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of the cbr250! Are you Korean or an American living there? Your english seems like you may be an American, if not you speak VERY good english! At any rate welcome and I think you're the first person on here from Korea. My Dad was stationed over there back in the late 70's right after I was born.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I guess you are our "Seoul Man" ROFL I crack myself up!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
No, I'm an American. I'm half Korean though. My mom moved to the States after she graduated high school. I'm here teaching English to managers and executives at a large corporation.

I can't wait to get on the bike and start exploring. I've been living here for a little more than two years, but it's hard to get the lay of the land because the city is so sprawled out, and you're underground in the subway most of the time when getting from place to place. So the bike will give me the perfect opportunity to really understand this city. I've also got a student that is an avid rider, and he's planning on taking me on some nice rides outside of the city. A great thing about Seoul is basically everywhere you look around you, you see mountains. So weekends and holidays should be pretty sweet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts