Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
From St. Louis, the CBR250R is my first new bike since 1980 when I bought a Suzuki GN400 Single. Still ride that one as well. When I first started reading about the CBR250R I decided that it was time to replace the GN400. After only a few hints, my wife surprised me with the CBR for my birthday in October. I've only put 500 miles on it but have really fallen in love with the little bike. I have always been a small bike person with Historic plates on 4 bikes and competing in Vintage trials on Small Hondas for 13 years now. The CBR250R is my back blacktop roads bike.
To me it's kind of a mini Sports touring bike.
I have added GPS and am in the process of adding soft bags and a small trunk.
The trunk is to be attached to a replacement bracket assembly used in lieu of the passengers seat for easy removal and replacement of the seat.
(Unit is made up and works, just needs covered with seat material)
Also welding up brackets for solid mountings of the soft bags.

HondaHonda90

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome aboard,
You will have to post some pic's of your luggage system I would like to see what you have done. I want a nice strong rear rack sometime in the future.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi Hondahonda90,

I like your description of the CBR250R as "kind of a mini Sports touring bike". I feel the same way. It's a mini sports touring bike that is inexpensive, cheap to insure, easy to maintain, and yields excellent fuel economy. :D Oh - and a complete riot to tour on!

As much as I really like my Nelson-Rigg saddlebags, waterproof Cabelas tailbag (duffel), and Icon Urban tankbag, this spring I plan to go completely waterproof (Ortlieb) with my saddlebags, tailbag, and tankbag system. I want to say "goodbye" to rain covers forever.

Soon to purchase.

Ortlieb Dry Bag Saddlebags :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

Ortlieb Dry Bag Duffel Bags :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

Ortlieb Waterproof :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

Mike

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome to the forum and, yes, please post the luggage pics. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Locking top box

Welcome aboard,
You will have to post some pic's of your luggage system I would like to see what you have done. I want a nice strong rear rack sometime in the future.
I just found a very nice tail rack here in Bangkok that works surprisingly well. Plus, as I ride with my girlfriend all the time I couldn't give up the pillion seat to luggage. Having a lockable box on the bike is wonderful. We can run in to do some shopping or have lunch and feel secure in leaving my GPS and laptop with the bike. It also comes with a backrest so a passenger doesn't tend to slide backwards.

I'm not sure whether these boxes or this mount are available stateside but I only paid about $200 USD (installed) for the whole package at Dr Bike on ChokChai 4 in Bangkok.

The soft bags are not waterpoof but as my riding usually takes place in the dry season that's not a big issue. They do come with raincovers. Otherwise, I agree with the other poster: Ortleibs rule - I have their panniers for my pedal bike back home. But these very reasonably priced soft bags from Chiang Rai Saddlebag do the job. About $100 USD.
http://crsaddlebags.com

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Welcome to the forum..wont take you long if you post a couple times to figure out who the trolls are..MOST of us here will be genuinely glad to help or contribute if you have a question and we THINK we know the answer..lol

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Welcome, since madd-trapper left Ive taken over as the forum troll ;p.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts