Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reserved a 2012 cbr250r w/ABS in black, and it's expected to get in next week.

As a first time rider, I am very nervous about shifting, turning and watching out for traffic...all at the same time. I have driven a manual Honda for quite a few years now so I am hoping that will help me with the coordination. I did fine during my safety course but we barely went up to third gear...

In the mean time, I am trying to get all of the proper gear and am enjoying reading everyone's advice and opinions. There are not a lot of female riders in my area so I wonder if my bright pink helmet will stand out! :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome and congratulations Beretta250! I'm pretty sure you've read a lot of advices around here already, as for me I had the same feeling after taking my safety course.. just do regular gear-change practice around the hood, school parks + the safety tips in mind and you'll get to the busy streets in no time. Enjoy!

·
Registered
226 Posts
There are not a lot of female riders in my area so I wonder if my bright pink helmet will stand out! :p
Welcome, Beretta! I have the 2011 model in black with ABS. :) From one woman to another, enjoy every moment on your bike--stay safe & ride strong! I'm new to riding too--completed my MSF 3/11 and my bike was delivered 3/16. It now has 630 miles on it and I love riding! :D

I encourage you to read "Proficient Motorcycling" (v.2) by David L. Hough. Take it easy the first few weeks, practice (and then practice some more!) key skills--like quick stops, swerving, slow turns, braking, etc. If there were some skills you're not sure of, that's a key indication that you need to practice those the most so you're prepared on the road.

And, visit the forum often--there's a wealth of information here and good folks willing to share their knowledge, experiences... and, obviously, opinions. ;) Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. And thank you angela2491, I am already checking it out on Amazon!

litalien18 - I am on the other side of Washington, on Whidbey Island. I am trying to figure out how to go about finding others that are willing to ride around with a newbie - the only group I have heard of in my area are HD riders.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!! read as much as you can buh nothing beats experience !! ride your ride and be safe .. you'll be fine ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts