Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to this week's MCN (printed version not on the website yet), there's going to be a new 250 trail version using the CBR250R engine. They also had photos, so looks like it may well happen - MCN seems to have fewer made up stories these days :rolleyes: Very much a road going trailbike, like the DRZ400S, so can't be compared with something like the CRF250.

I had a testride of the CBR250R earlier this year and my reaction was "great bike, nice engine, if only they'd put it in a slightly bigger frame" ... looks like this is exactly what they're planning to do!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sounds cool to me. Here is another bike Honda may come out with. An auto transmission cbf? It looks very similar to a cbr250r without the fairing to me. Dual-Clutch Honda CBF Prototype Spied - Motorcycle USA
I test rode a CBF1000 last week at a Honda Demo ride.

'Meh'.

It wasn't bad. Wasn't particular fast, or slow, didn't handle badly or well, didn't vibrate at all or to much, the brakes stopped and were easily modulated.

Like eating plain spaghetti.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Its funny how most Honda's are pretty much like that. I just don't get that feeling on my CBR. I know it lacks "character" to a certain degree but there is something more there than most "boring" hondas. I think it is the fact that I can treat it like a get around town scooter, race bike through the twisties, tourer on the highway and it answers to whatever mood you are in. That and the appeal of doing so much more with so much less.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Its funny how most Honda's are pretty much like that. I just don't get that feeling on my CBR. I know it lacks "character" to a certain degree but there is something more there than most "boring" hondas. I think it is the fact that I can treat it like a get around town scooter, race bike through the twisties, tourer on the highway and it answers to whatever mood you are in. That and the appeal of doing so much more with so much less.
Since I can't possibly word it any better than that I'm just going to say DITTO.

Honda's littlest CBR (in the states) is the only one that ever appealed to me.
The bigger ones are nice but I can think of so many better choices for my riding style/needs.

The 250 is the baby bear of the Honda family. Just right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts