Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YSS Thailand has improved the G and X line to include separate high/ low speed compression damping settings which is what we need to adjust the high speed harshness out of the rear over bumps for smooth commuting over expansion joints while maintaining good slow compression control during sporting riding. I hope Tyga can get those for a similar price as the older version which was around $470.
Y.S.S. :: World Class Suspension ::

·
Registered
354 Posts
Y.S.S. emulators. I like that, '65 rockwell hardened'. typical marketing/product pirates, if it looks similar it must be ok. well after it fails enough then they might actually go about making it function. I would rather install race tech, than through good money after bad. No placebo emulators???

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Y.S.S. emulators. I like that, '65 rockwell hardened'. typical marketing/product pirates, if it looks similar it must be ok. well after it fails enough then they might actually go about making it function. I would rather install race tech, than through good money after bad. No placebo emulators???
Why do you automatically assume they are making faulty products? I look for value and can safely say, I will never pay $1100 for a rear shock. The whole bike only costs $4000.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I look at wankers quoting 65Rc hardened aluminum. Well ok the emulator 'should' be made from aluminum. I have looked at the pics of a lot of thai accessories, they look to be anodized over burrs from machining, ie -cheaper. that is before they are installed and tested. I tried to find who is YSS sponsoring in racing and did not find anything. So it may be good, but I dont like the gamble, I dont mind paying for quality. I do understand about the cost of the bike, but I would rather have a good suspension for safety than abs, and enjoy it more at the same time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Brian, I understand your skepticism, but I know folks who have worked with YSS and been very pleased. Based on this page it does look like they sponsor racers in all realms of motorsports. Sendler, were you aware they have a US distribution center? Looks like the emulators are listed on there, too. Give them a try and report back.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brian, I understand your skepticism, but I know folks who have worked with YSS and been very pleased. Based on this page it does look like they sponsor racers in all realms of motorsports. Sendler, were you aware they have a US distribution center? Looks like the emulators are listed on there, too. Give them a try and report back.
TygaPerformance sells the X-366-TRC for $490 for our bike. Their price is $690. The X-366-TRW would be better with the separate fast/ slow compression adjusters but would cost even more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts