Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, a little bit about me have always wanted to ride a motorcycle or at least give it a shot but never seemed to give it a try growing up. Recently separated call it the midlife crisis I don't know but sometime this year I am going to give it a try:). I have never riden before but have already been reading up a lot on reviews and unless someone really convinces me to buy an another bike i would like one of these cbr20r's. I'd be lying if I said I am not scared or have fear about it but I don't want to regret not having a go. Can anyone give me any good advice of training centre i should go to I live in Narre Warren South SE Subs of Melbourne?. Also safety gear for riding is there any links or places i shouls check out?.

·
Registered
221 Posts
First off, im the only robbo here hahah JK

Welcome mate, In vic there a few training centres that teach you the jizz outside of obtaining your R-DATE, when I got my L's a year ago, I had never ridden a motorcycle, passed in flying colours 97%, as long as you can communicate and follow instructions you will be fine.

CBR250R is a fantastic bike for mileage and reliability, has better acceleration then the ninja 250 but loses at top end. Parts arnt to expensive either.

As for safety gear, obviously a helmet with AU standards, gloves and jacket "AT BARE MINIMUM", your dressing for impact. I never ride without Boots, jacket, gloves and helmet, only reason I dont have pants yet is because im looking to get higher quality two piece.

What is your budget, buying from overseas will save you alittle bit of dosh?

Honda do training courses in Vic, check out the link below, prices included
HART (Honda)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Welcome Robbo, agree with Robbo number 14 :) about HART, very good training.

Cant go Past Peter Stevens in Melbourne for prices, get all my riding gear from them.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome Robbo, agree with Robbo number 14 :) about HART, very good training.

Cant go Past Peter Stevens in Melbourne for prices, get all my riding gear from them.
Im up in Melbourne for the SBK Aufitt, Whats the advance course like? Would have to use there bike

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
It was really good but they canned HART over here years ago, RAC took over rider training.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings RedRobbo,

Welcome to the Fourm. The cbr250r is great for a First Motorcycle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone, I am so looking forward to jumping on and having a crack. I take the whole safety thing very seriously I saw a guy yesterday with just a pair of shorts on and thought that's going to hurt if he comes off. Thanks for the tips of where to go and where to buy. I am setting a budget of around $7k but I will spend more if i have to safety gear. Anyone from Melbourne around here?.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi RedRobbo
I'm over in Western Australia and just like you i am looking to buy the bike soon, just bought Helmet,gloves and jacket........first lesson on Wednesday after being off a bike for over 20 years.
All the best mate.
Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts