Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

She is OK. Just a broken face (cheek bone), and some cuts to her face due to the visor on her HJC CL-16 helmet shattering :(

When she hit the van the bike launched her high in the air. You can see where she landed at the beginning of the helicopter fly over! That's her on the ground where all those cops/paramedics are standing!

Get well soon Gaby and R.I.P. two week old CBR 250R :(

-Jamie M.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Wow! So glad she's alright. What were the particulars of the crash?

·
Registered
636 Posts
****, that sucks!!Let me guess..I never saw her officer, she must have been speeding when i rammmed her head on!!!!! Never ceases to amaze me.. glad her injuries are minimal..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's some comments in the youtube video. Basically the van turned left in front of her. The motorcycle rider said she saw the van with it's signal on, and starting to inch in, so she slowed down and covered the brake. The van stopped inching so she figured he must have seen her. Right at the last second he gunned it and made the turn. I believe he told the officers "I saw her but misjudged her speed, I thought I could make it." but I'm not really sure how that's possible. My bet is he didn't see her.

-Jamie M.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
^give her our best from the 250 forum. If it was me, i'd have had poopy pants. Hope she continues to ride after she recovers

·
Registered
532 Posts
GWS -- although it's bad to hear about the crash, at least she saw the van tried to ride defensively...just the driver made avoiding it impossible. Also hope that since the driver said he 'misgauged her speed' it translates into an at-fault -- which either takes him off the road for a while or makes them think (and look) twice next time they are turning left.

As a side note, although someone could say it has to do with being a beginning rider myself, but I've seen more and more dumb/accident-causing maneuvers by drivers on the 401/in the city over the last number of months (while in my car). Probably about 4 times in the last month I've seen cars almost hit each other and either near-miss or react at the last possible second.

·
Registered
160 Posts
She is OK. Just a broken face (cheek bone), and some cuts to her face due to the visor on her HJC CL-16 helmet shattering :(
Hope she heals up soon, sorry to hear she has some face damage. Maybe I was luckier than her 3 weeks ago during my crash, my helmet did it's job. I think I hit the ground at about 40 mph.

Hope she heals up soon, all my cuts and bruises are pretty much heals in 3 weeks, still have a split on my leg (which is a pain but getting better ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
She is OK. Just a broken face

Get well soon Gaby and R.I.P. two week old CBR 250R :(

-Jamie M.
Just a broken face !? :eek:

^ that does not sound good..... but glad to hear she's fine :)

+1 for telling her get well soon from us squids here at cbr250 internetland :cool:

sound like they both where waiting for the other to make a move , and both decided at the same time.

tip for new riders : make a decision and stick with it , either brake or go but don't think about it too much ;):cool:

personally chose to go in a situation like this , because of the "rear end factor" ;)

·
Registered
534 Posts
So sorry to hear about your friends accident. Glad she was mostly ok and hoping she recovers soon. I've only been riding a couple weeks and have already had some tense moments, mainly at intersections.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Glad shes ok! Sucks for the newborn bike though :(

·
Registered
354 Posts
flip on your high beam if it looks suspicious, and lay on the horn. if they get pissed about the horn f---em. they only get pissed if it wakes them up.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^ I always ride with the high beams on during day riding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts