Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
check out this link...he only changed 2 things on his bike....the sprockets and the tires...

Is this as simple and effective as it seems? can something similar be done on the CBR? I have a newly developed interest in bikes i hope to get a CBR250r soon. Not sure how expensive this type of mod can be

here is the link
101.5 MPG on my 2003 Ninja 250!!! - Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com

...waiting on sendler's comment he seems to be the authority on such matters :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've done 102mpg with no mods. No tucking, just normal riding.

94mpg avg.

WeeBR (Honda CBR250R) | Fuelly
Would you mind going into greater detail on riding syle/road types? My last fill up I got exactly 50mpg running 87 octane. The best I have ever done was 62mpg. I ride mostly city with maybe 10-15% highway. I'd say about 50% of the time I shift around 5-6,000RPM and cruise around 4,000 (going to work) and the other half of the time I shift between 7,000 and 8,000 (When I'm having fun). I am completely stock, with the airbox cover off, but there was no difference before/after I did that. Bike just rolled over 2,000 miles today btw.

·
Registered
611 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
To be fair our non-US bikes indicate about 10% higher speed. Only the American (and Canadian?) show the real speed... or close enough to it.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
That "Article" was based on a one tank result. One tank wonder with a wishful over fill/ under fill. I have disagreed with Ecomodder for making it a sticky right on the front page. It is a good eye catching headline to at least make you stop and think though. His real average with those mods is closer to 85 mpgUS which a stock CBR250R can do with just a front sprocket change. I should have no problem breaking 90 once the weather warms up. Allen has a life time average of over 90 with his Vetter style streamlined Ninja though and will break 120 mpgUS in competition with the new nose when they get together in May. Vic (LowandSLow) is also running a streamlined Ninja with long gearing and getting around 90.
check out this link...he only changed 2 things on his bike....the sprockets and the tires...

Is this as simple and effective as it seems? can something similar be done on the CBR? I have a newly developed interest in bikes i hope to get a CBR250r soon. Not sure how expensive this type of mod can be

here is the link
101.5 MPG on my 2003 Ninja 250!!! - Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com

...waiting on sendler's comment he seems to be the authority on such matters :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Imperial gallons. Your US average is coming up as 78.2 mpgUS. Which is above Honda's posted estimate of 77. Nice job.
Don't be spoiling my April Fools day fun now!

BTW, this is why I prefer standardizing measurements for comparison. I personally use km/l as it's very granular. L/100km has variances at a decimal level, and Imp/US gallons is just a mess for comparison purposes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sendler i disagree with your statement on a one tank wonder. he reported multiple tanks over 90 that is a dramatic increase from the ninja's EPA estimate. I am not jumping on a ninja wagon i am just wondering if similar mods can be done to the cbr250 and what their numbers may be since the stock EPA is already much higher than the ninja. I am also wondering how much slower changing the gearing will make the bike

·
Registered
3,527 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
To be fair our non-US bikes indicate about 10% higher speed. Only the American (and Canadian?) show the real speed... or close enough to it.
Yep seems so. It would be great if someone could crack the honda programming so we could rectify this. Surely it will be just a configuration change one needs to do and the interface instrument to do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts