Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

a thought crossed my mind,,, has anyone tried it yet?? I think with NOS on the cbr250r would be nice!!

comments pls?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hmmm.. I suppose that would help the bike keep up with the little ninja. :p

Knowing nothing about the new engine other than it's a DOHV single, I wouldn't dare to guess how it would affect the longevity of the engine.

·
Registered
329 Posts
"I live my life a quarter litre at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Squid topic alert!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Knowing nothing about the new engine other than it's a DOHV single, I wouldn't dare to guess how it would affect the longevity of the engine.
+1 - a friend has the baby Ninja - will be nice to challange him with NOS power:)... will see how to get NOS in CBR locally (have to talk to few experts first).

regarding longitivity of the engine - overhauling will have to be done early i believe.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Learn how to ride better than the rider of what ever bike it is you want to beat in a pissing contest.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I think a 250 shot will be fine =P I mean it's 250cc's so why not.

·
Registered
706 Posts

DOHC not DOHV, that just makes it sound like it's only got 2 valves when it's got 4.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Because the bike is fuel injected you'd have a bit of R&D to do if you were to fit one. Being single cylinder you're at a disadvantage for running nitrous.

I would imagine you'd have to run a wet kit (spray separate fuel and nitrous at the same time) because I'd assume the factory fuel injector couldn't squirt enough fuel to keep up with the nitrous (even if we had some way to tell it to squirt more fuel i.e. spraying the nitrous directly at the IAT, incoming air temperature sensor, that's how it's done on most injected bikes). You might also have to run a separate fuel line and pump from the tank if the factory fuel pump and line can't keep up with the nitrous.

Because the bike is a single cylinder, you'd need an electronic "window" switch that would only let the nitrous engage above say 6,000rpm (just an estimate) and would cut the nitrous off right before the rev limiter (if you hit the rev limiter while spraying nitrous = big boom).

I think you could squeeze in 5hp without much strain on the engine. Go with the yosh full exhaust for another 2hp and you'd eat ninja 250's all day long.

If you can spray the nitrous at the IAT and the factory fuel pump and injector can keep up, those "sneaky pete" kits will work:
ATV & Quad Sneaky Pete Mini Nitrous Kit w/5 NOS Refills - eBay (item 320376688826 end time Aug-15-11 05:57:53 PDT)

Make sure the kit you buy uses DOT certified high pressure lines (nitrous is 900-1500psi!!!).

-Jamie M.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
This site should be moderated for getting rid of stupid topics that make cbr250 owners look like complete idjits... 'nitrous, stereos, turbos, fat tyres, underseat exhausts, gear indicators, the psycology of ABS, wanting a single to not sound like a single, can I beat a Ninja , do I have to know how to ride' ... on an on and on...

·
Registered
999 Posts
This site should be moderated for getting rid of stupid topics that make cbr250 owners look like complete idjits... 'nitrous, stereos, turbos, fat tyres, underseat exhausts, gear indicators, the psycology of ABS, wanting a single to not sound like a single, can I beat a Ninja , do I have to know how to ride' ... on an on and on...
I don't know..
Even though I personally don't really see the point of spending lots of $$ to mod a 250 single (big bucks for small gains) it's still fun to discuss these things.
Just for shites & giggles as they say. Different strokes & all that.. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
a second hand 1000cc bike would cost less than wackin NOS on a pour 2 fiddy that is not designed to go any faster than it's rival's. It handle's better than it's competition anyway. NOS is fun tho i've put on some V8's in the past it's a laugh. just watch the instant extra rev's they don't sneak up on ya they scare ya.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aufitt, i think the reason for any forum would be to discuss and talk about any topic related to cbr250r. If you remove/ moderate all the mentioned points of discussion, i doubt how long would this forum run. Also, will there by any topic that would excite you to contribute?

its not that I or anyone else would or should ever go for NOS in cbr, but the point for this thread was to understand would it be feasable technically. stereos, turbos, ABS are all things that i believe should be discussed (you never know when you might land up in a face to face discussion with someone and can act knowledgeble if you have read it somewhere)

My example is as this - I have no idea how cbr would react on NOS but looking at some people's comments, it shows they understand more and I learnt something new.

maybe its time for you mate :)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
OK i'll keep up with the stupid answers then lol.

Forget Nitrous .... put a nuclear reactor in it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im not judging anyone with my comment here and this is just my personal thoughts so please no Hate. :)

Being a complete noob with motorcycles I view the CBR250 as a device to learn how to operate a motorcycle and for general riding and enjoyment. It just doesn't come across TO ME as a racing vehicle so the though of putting NOS on it seems sort of pointless. Knowing that it takes lots of practice to get really good at handling and controlling a motorcycle, It scares me to think that there are many fellow noobs out there that would actually put some high power device like NOS on their first bike and get them or someone else killed because they cant handle the thing.

Have a great day!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts