Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More than a month after launching the bike in India, they still do not have any valve shim kits (needed for adjusting the valve clearances). Only recently a handful of oil filters started trickling into the service centres.

Is Honda selling the bike in your country too without making basic consumables available??

Can you forward some e mail ID's of the concerned Honda officials in your country so that I can get some head office ID's? Their hirelings here are suffering from selective deafness and dumbness.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
same prob. bike's about to reach 2k kms and they still dont have the oil filter

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
same prob. bike's about to reach 2k kms and they still dont have the oil filter
They had the shims? Most service centres here still do not have them, 5 months after deliveries started. They will glibly assure you that any damage arising out of the poorly adjusted valves will be replaced in warranty, but I can bet they do not have valves either.

No chains or sprockets either, no rear brake pads.

The good news. The Pulsar 220 has essentially the same 520 chain, will have to check for length though. The rear brake pads on the latest models (they use Bybre calipers too) are a direct fit. Whats more, they cost about 1/2 of the similar Honda part (probably made by the same vendor and repackaged). The front brakes pads - will know in a day or two.

The pulsar 220 chain is pretty good, BTW. On the Karizma, the first adjustment needs to be done after only 6000 km, and the chain lasts around 25000 km. Granted that that bike develops 7bhp less, but the OEM Honda chain has already had to be adjusted thrice, first at about 2500km, and I don't see it lasting more than 10000 km.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts