Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i noticed a weird sound when i back up the motorcycle out of parking while the engine is on and in neutral....btw the sound also happens with engine off.....any thoughts what it could be......the sound happens every few seconds as you back up the bike

·
Registered
386 Posts
hey guys i noticed a weird sound when i back up the motorcycle out of parking while the engine is on and in neutral....btw the sound also happens with engine off.....any thoughts what it could be......the sound happens every few seconds as you back up the bike
Clean the chain lately?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Does it go beep...beep....beep? May be it's your back up alarm???:D Just kidding, yanking your chain....then again...maybe it is your chain????:eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bike is new with 45 miles on it....and yea it does sound like brake pads rubbing or it could be chain ......dont know how dirty the chain will be with only 45 miles on it but ill check

·
Registered
879 Posts
Im sure its nothing to worry about. Ride it and see what happens. If it does get worse then maybe you can figure out where its coming from

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Since its only 45 miles it will just the neoprene chain guides catching, they bed in.

But good time as any to lube the chain.. then lube it every tank or 2 of fuel.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i really think that Honda USA should arrange new bike owner session at the dealers because the US is probably the only country in the world that has so many newb riders. Most of the rest of us had scooters and 50cc or 125/250 bikes before. So managed to bypass all this when we were in our teens.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i really think that Honda USA should arrange new bike owner session at the dealers because the US is probably the only country in the world that has so many newb riders. Most of the rest of us had scooters and 50cc or 125/250 bikes before. So managed to bypass all this when we were in our teens.
Yeah, most of us went thru our Trans-am, Camaro phase in our teens here in the good ole US of A......
so we end up getting a late start on motorcycling knowledge since motorcycles are mainly a pleasure or secondary vehicle to almost all of us and not our main everyday vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts