Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Noob on a new CBR250R

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Hoho 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Just got my CBR250R yesterday, and still can't wipe the grin off my face... so much fun to ride, that I took off early from work today too! :D

Just thought I'd drop by and say hello and introduce myself... I live and work in the San Francisco Bay Area, the CBR250 is my first bike, and I've been riding it around the block for now just to get used to how it handles... so far so good...

Hoho

#3 ·
Welcome, Hoho;
I'm originally from the bay area. I have some nice coastal rides here in Japan, but you have the beautiful '17 mile drive' close by.
Riding a coastal route in CA is just awesome. Share some pics and experiences in the trip reports section?
Ride safe!

#5 ·
Thanks w0rM, Rick and GreyMatter!!

I'll definitely post ride pics when I get comfortable enough to do the long rides... since it's my first bike, I'm trying to get used to the feeling of vulnerability in traffic that I never got in my car... :D

I'm currently debating whether I'm comfortable enough to ride it the three miles to work tomorrow...

#6 ·
I'll definitely post ride pics when I get comfortable enough to do the long rides... since it's my first bike, I'm trying to get used to the feeling of vulnerability in traffic that I never got in my car... :D

I'm currently debating whether I'm comfortable enough to ride it the three miles to work tomorrow...
I got over that feeling after a couple of days. Within a week I was riding on the interstate.

Just keep pushing yourself to do things that you haven't done before. Stay safe but don't be afraid to push your limits a little.

#17 ·
Got mine from Fremont Honda/Kawasaki... after I got mine, they had one red/silver left... so that may be gone... Hollister Honda seems to get shipments regularly, and I've heard nothing but good things about them, so you may want to start your search there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.