Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I can either keep my Audi and keep paying $429 + $50 insurance on my Audi due to all the parts I've purchased as well as tools. Or I can sell it, pay off all the $5700 I owe as well as $550 I owe on some other tools (another company) and hopefully some of the $1800 I owe on credit cards. So we're talking losing $680 a month in payments and changing it into $483 a month on a newer, lower miles car.

Problem is I'll be paid off in 11 months anyways. At which point I could still get another car as well as keep my car. I've put a lot of time and money into it, which makes it somewhat hard for me to want to sell it.

If I sold it and paid those things off then with the bike loan and a car loan and all of my bills I'd have $300 a month going into a savings account. I really feel like this would be a good idea for me, just really struggling on making the decision.

·
745 Posts
Most financial advisors would tell you that any time you can reduce indebtedness and increase your cash reserves, that's a good thing... However, financial utopia has to be reconciled with living a balanced life and enjoying it. I've never seen a Brinks truck following a hearse, but I've also never seen someone living hand-to-mouth that was enjoying life either. Good Luck!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most financial advisors would tell you that any time you can reduce indebtedness and increase your cash reserves, that's a good thing... However, financial utopia has to be reconciled with living a balanced life and enjoying it. I've never seen a Brinks truck following a hearse, but I've also never seen someone living hand-to-mouth that was enjoying life either. Good Luck!
Ya, well I'm not really struggling right now but wouldn't mind feeling a little more free. I have little to no living expenses as my apartment is owned by my parents haha. I had a sort of a plan to save that $300 a month for then next 4-5 years while I pay my bike off and if I get a car. At which point I'd have a very large down payment for a nice house.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The replacement car in question is this w/o the sticker and the car grey car in the farther background is my Audi haha

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well said.

·
Registered
400 Posts
lol speaking of brinks trucks,last week i saw a GARDA truck pass by a ghetto neighborhood and the door was swinging open n closed,then all kinds of papers n work boots fly out,this was after a few gunshots rang out.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
An Audi for the Lancer?
Please keep the Audi, if not for you, than for me.
It's old, slow, doesn't handle as well as I'd like, high miles, and costs an arm and a left nut to maintain. I've had it for 3 years next month and dumped about $1500 a year to fix it.

The Evo is reliable, handles great, fast and easily much faster, and much much newer. Not to mention I can get a warranty on it where as nobody will warranty an Audi due to the reliability issues.

But at the same time the Audi has no loan on it but I do owe a lot on credit cards that I used for repairing it. Legitimately this time next year I could have everything except my motorcycle paid for. At which point I should have almost $700 a month extra.

I guess I feel like I made some very poor choices in where I spent money and I feel like the way out right now is to sell the car. The Evo is what I want to replace it with but at the same time a decent $6000 car would be alright. The Evo is $11,500 which is quite cheap.

This?

Or

This?

·
Registered
928 Posts
I almost bought a Vrod today, 15 grand. It was tempting but I want a vacation condo or townhouse in florida so i'll hold off next year till I can pay cash. The less you can finance the better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts