Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I'm in France and I bought this beauty a year and a half ago.
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

(I know we can't see anything, but I've spent a lot of time to clean and take care of it recently..)

I bought my cbr250r a year and a half ago and I've put 12000km(7400miles) on it, pushing it to the 24000km service which I've done myself! I'm the third owner but they didn't ride it a lot, it has been bought in 2011. I only stripped the brake fluid cover screw yet!
It's such a good bike, the low price allowed me to take some risks and go on some random adventures, I never felt held back by this bike. I think the only downside is really overtaking, it's so much easier and safer on say, a mt07. It's very uncommon in France, most people have at least 3 times the cylinder volume and horsepower. I don't get overtaken that often though!
I'm soon going into a buying spree: tank grip, adjustable levers(and protection), new windscreen and maybe frame sliders(hard to find a specific one for this bike, not sure if it's worth it..°, and very maybe an aftermarket exhaust(I really don't want it to get louder and I'm not sure it will change the sound a lot), and LED blinkers (I have a tendency to break the OEM ones.) And maybe the metal thing that holds the mirrors because it got bent in the crash. Every plastic bit is a bit out of place currently but it's not gonna add much to the bike. I'll probably crash it again before selling it anyway!

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
851 Posts
Welcome to the forum😀(y)
And thanks for sharing the photo. In the shade and from a distance it looks clean and shiny like new.
it's so much easier and safer on say, a mt07. It's very uncommon in France, most people have at least 3 times the cylinder volume and horsepower. I don't get overtaken that often though!
Our motorcycle, although its design is similar to the Sporty Design, also its name seems to imply a sports motorcycle RRRR... in practice the clip-ons are high, so the whole sitting riding position is very upright and ergometric. It's just as is customary in touring motorcycles. Our windshield is small, so it's not pleasant to ride on it anyway more than 100-120 km/h, which is a reasonable speed, so you don't get overtaken much either. At 120 km/h, the engine also starts to make a bit of noise, so the balance that is comfortable will be more inclined to 100-110 km/h. Excellent speed to move-on many kilometers a day, comfortably and efficiently.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm soon going into a buying spree:
I have no problem finding parts for our motorcycle, and always at reasonable prices. The catalytic converter in the original exhaust at 25k km, in my estimation, it should still be wide open, so I recommend you to leave the original exhaust. It is important to stay with the weights in the handles, because they are the OEM sliders that Honda designed for our motorcycle, if they don't turn well, take them out, grease them, and assemble them back into place.
I'll probably crash it again before selling it anyway!
It doesn't have to happen, please drive carefully and responsibly.

Reactions: Mory

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our motorcycle, although its design is similar to the Sporty Design, also its name seems to imply a sports motorcycle RRRR... in practice the clip-ons are high, so the whole sitting riding position is very upright and ergometric.
I think the most sporty thing it the motor, all the power high up in the revs. Feels like you're fast when the cbr sounds like a F1 haha. Also, I've already had one guy at the shop ask if the bike's for sale. He wanted to convert it to a track bike (for kart tracks).

It doesn't have to happen, please drive carefully and responsibly.
I meant on the track or in the parking lot!

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Congrats on getting the bike. Always nice to see a new addition to the forum.

Some suggestions for upgrades:
For performance upgrades: Performance tires, braided stainless steel front brake lines, better brake pads, adjustable levers, and rear sets.
For aesthetics upgrades: Pillion pedal delete, aftermarket muffler, fender eliminator, and aftermarket muffler hanger.

I've done all the above mods to my bike. Love the way it handles, especially with performance tires(I've tried Bridgestone Battlax BT-003 Pirelli and Diablo Ross 2/3. I prefer Diablo Rosso 2/3 because they last longer), brake line/pad upgrades, and the aftermarket rear sets. Greatly enhances the feel.

The bike is an excellent track bike as well. Cornering is so much easier with this bike. You'll love it on the track as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts