Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
There could be a couple of things that are causing you to have a swore hand....

First thought is that you are too tense. it's completely normal when you are feeling your bike out the first time to grip too hard, and if your using the back brake too much, it will put additional pressure on your hands surprisingly as the front brake doesn't as much.

Second, I adjusted the clutch right away. The dealer has it set to spec, but I look for an inch of freeplay from the tip of the handle to the actual handlebar, which will help you release it much sooner, and easier thus your fingers do not extend as far foreward and strain.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You'll want to trim them to length. The instructions tell you this. The first set I installed, I was able to squeeze them all the way on, but eventually they extended back out. Windex works best for installing them. It'll dry out pretty fast and those grip puppies wont move once its dried out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks everyone for the input on this. I previously had a Suz VX800 and always got numbness in my whole right hand and the pinky and ring fingers and left side of the palm on my left hand. Holding tighter with legs and using core muscles.. well, time to buy a thighmaster and start taking yoga.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wear gauntlet-type gloves and realized that it's when I had them strapped on too tight and have my right arm/hand staying for a while at a certain position that it gets numb. Blood circulation was just being cut off at the wrist. Stopped overdoing the straps and haven't had numb hands since.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mine get numb on the interstate over 70 mph because Im holding on with a DEATH GRIP. Tense on Atlanta interstates. have to remind myself to relax

41 - 49 of 49 Posts