Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just purchased a new Ryker Rally yesterday and while in the office signing the paperwork I checked the odometer reading. It was "zero" I felt it was odd they would put zero but assumed since they had so many that I was getting a "zero". I got the bike home and there is 86 miles on it. I just took it off the trailer! Is there anything I can do about this? Should I complain? I am concerned because I watched the finance guy burn out on a Spyder while waiting for mine.
Thanks in advance for your help

·
Super Moderator
6,931 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Regarding the milage on your new Ryker's odometer, I would definitely ask them to explain. Let us now what they say.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I'd say it was a "demo" or a test bike for perspective buyers.

Definitely not "new" I would say.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There isn't much of a break in procedure requirement so I wouldn't worry about about how 86 miles was put on it. It's more important that the paper work says 0 than 86. You're the original owner and it wasn't a used bike that you bought. I bought a Grom new with 0 or 1 or 2 miles and had to rev it like mad down the freeway to get home. That's been my one time for the hard break in procedure. I've got 3,500 trouble free miles after 1 1/2 years. I'd change the oil at 100 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts