Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you guys use to host photos you link in to the forum? Evidently there's only 10 slots in the onsite albums, and I'd like to avoid hot linking out of courtesy. That and I usually crop, resize, adjust, and compress them first. TinyPic? Image Shack? What do you guys prefer?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
+1 on the personal hosting. I have a server for dozens of other reasons, so I put my stuff there...

imgur works great though, I use that for pics I snap on my phone that I don't want to bother transferring off the phone to my desktop, and from there to my server...

·
Registered
878 Posts
When I try and join tinypic it directs me to the photobucket site!! I already belong to photobucket. They appear to be the same company.

·
Registered
878 Posts
That sucks!! I get to tinypics.com and when I try to register I get switched to photobucket. It says tinypics is a photobucket company. I guess because I'm outside the USA.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Awesome exciter! Looks brand new. What's the story on the box? Never seen one like that!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Awesome exciter! Looks brand new. What's the story on the box? Never seen one like that!
Thanks!! The rear box was as I recall a $700 option, almost what the bike cost.I still have the original flat seat. The bike is original except for the paint, that's not an original colour. Runs great, and perfect for running to the market etc. 12,000 original kilos, probably 8,000 miles.

Here's a picture of the right side showing the exhaust. I was lucky and picked up a new one from Europe.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I really miss sensible UJMs. Box looks quite roomy, enough for the day's shopping and then some I'd think.

Did you restore it yourself?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Fortunatly my other bikes are all UJMs, I like the practicality of them. I've owned the bike twice, sold it to a collector friend and he it at in his living room for a number of years. He came upon hard times, he needed money so I bought it back. I've done most of the work but other than the paint and exhaust nothing has been done to it.

Where I live you can get a "collector" plate for bikes that are stock, driven only for pleasure (no work or school), and are 25 years old. I pay under $100 a year for insurance and the plate hence I can afford a few of these older bikes.

Hijacked another thread, sorry.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Although I haven't posted any pics on this site yet, SkyDrive is the service I typically use. Since my workplace uses Microsoft Office 2010 and its included OneNote (linked to SkyDrive) application along with better known applications like Word, Excel and Access, using SkyDrive for photo hosting is reasonably seamless.

I was also fortunate to get the free 25 Gb upgrade earlier this year, but the 7 Gb basic free offering is pretty decent for still pictures and not too many videos.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts