Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Seems to me the bike has served your friend the first real lesson ... your friend is scared to ride it after his incident. Other than all of the suggestions above - I would suggest you lend him your bike so he can at least learn the ropes. I understand this depends a lot on your relationship but its a thought ... maybe you can push the big bike around for a while :)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
as a young psych nurse long ago
one thing [of many] that amazed me
was the number of patients who
the day before being committed to
that serious psych institution were
driving around, just part of the flow,
until chance brought them before
a judge or other expert attention...

this forms part of my attitude of
- you simply cant trust them -

·
Registered
830 Posts
Ya know, Several years ago, motorcycle dealers were required to offer courses to people who bought ATV's, because so many people were getting hurt on them. Bartenders are required to monitor their customers...the dealer, whoever it is should be sued for malpractice...have your friend return the bike to the dealer...maybe they could unwind the deal and put him on something he can manage and won't kill him the first time out...If they refuse, have your friend tell them he plans to contact an attorney...The very fact they wouldn't let him ride it off the lot shows they knew he couldn't handle it...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Reminds me of a ZX9R I bought from a dealer. Not six months old, just under 200 miles on the clock, and broken fairing parts and scratches on the right side. Looked like the owner gave a bit too much throttle and let the clutch out a bit too fast - must have lost control and slid a few meters. Scared the crap out of him and got rid of it.
It was over 10,000 bucks out the door, I picked it up for 5,500 and bought new parts for a 1,000. Rode it for half a year, it scared the heck out of me, and sold it for a good price to a kid moving up from a Ninja 750.
One guy's pain is another guy's gain!
Keep the dummies coming... :)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
The more nicely scratched up low km late model R6's the better :)

There was a young guy on this forum a few months ago said an R6 is a mediocre middle capacity bike, and he wanted it for commuting.
lol.. its capable of getting within mere seconds of the lap record at any track in the world.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I made him return the bike. The dealer was being very hesitant and kept saying its a final deal. I listen to you guys and told him we would take him to court. He came to the conclusion that he would take the bike back. I'm going to make sure he sticks with the cbr 500 for now. Lookin for some deals at the moment.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
2,015 Posts
I honestly think that your friend should have to pass the MSF course _and_ decide that he likes it before buying another bike.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Here at a local dealer a lady walked in wanting to buy her son his first bike as a surprise present. She didnt know a thing about bikes and the dealer told her and convinced her on a gsxr750

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
599 Posts
I made him return the bike. The dealer was being very hesitant and kept saying its a final deal. I listen to you guys and told him we would take him to court. He came to the conclusion that he would take the bike back. I'm going to make sure he sticks with the cbr 500 for now. Lookin for some deals at the moment.
Well done! Your friend will thank you, if he hasn't already.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts