Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if it's been posted before and I feel like a moron for asking but I cant seem to find an answer in the owners manuel. When checking the oil level do you do it with the bike on it's stand or with the bike straight up? I may have added to much oil because with it on the stand the oil level is between the lines but stand it up and it looks over filled. Help!:confused:

·
Registered
167 Posts
it has to be done when bike upright.
if you dont have a paddock stand,have someone sit on the bike holding it straight.pour oil till centre of the glass window,ie;upper level mark.
Warm up the engine,again check the level.if low,top up a little bit.

Whatever happens,dont ever underfill.
A little bit above high line is ok,but must not be full in watch window,when the bike is upright.drain some oil.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^ I bought mine in DE and I don't have that. Mine has a clear piece of plastic with a low and high level hash mark.

·
Registered
167 Posts
yeah maybe.
Check with your dealer.
If at all oil level gets too low,engine will be totaled,and it will not cover in warranty,unless its dealer/service guy fault.

By the by,can you put a pic of metal protector you said?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Am I the only one with a metal cap covering the window of the oil or does that come pre installed on all the US 2012 Models?
you are looking at the oil window and not the oil filler cap? dont laugh i have seen stranger things around here :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah... I'm an idiot, I looked at the DIY oil change post and the last image sort of looks like its a window that goes through the entire bike where you can see the sunlight on the other side when really its just the reflection of the flash from the picture... Yeah I know I've got a lot to learn... lol That image was highly deceptive...

·
Registered
167 Posts
yeah.
You can judge oil change by the vibration or sound from the engine.

Anyway by me,
for regular oil-change at 3000km
for synthetic-6000km

for short rides,these may reduce,as short ride kills oil viscosity faster

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Yeah... I'm an idiot, I looked at the DIY oil change post and the last image sort of looks like its a window that goes through the entire bike where you can see the sunlight on the other side when really its just the reflection of the flash from the picture... Yeah I know I've got a lot to learn... lol That image was highly deceptive...
Sorry, dark garage.:D

·
Registered
210 Posts
I dont know if it's been posted before and I feel like a moron for asking but I cant seem to find an answer in the owners manuel. When checking the oil level do you do it with the bike on it's stand or with the bike straight up? I may have added to much oil because with it on the stand the oil level is between the lines but stand it up and it looks over filled. Help!:confused:

I just asked my mechanic last week. Answer is vertical (straight up). However this is tricky with no stand, so use the LOWER line as 'full' when the bike is on the stand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts