Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike did not come with one. Although it was not leaking, I decided to grab some up and be on the safe side. Everywhere I went did not have them, or the right size, and places online were too expensive for me to justify the price for just a few metal doughnuts. So, I found these guys: 94109-12000 HONDA WASHER, DRAIN (12MM) (Honda Code 0171868) $0.51. I had never heard of them, so I checked, and they are A+ BBB accredited.

It is $0.51 per washer, with first class shipping of only $1.75 for first class mail on orders up to $10. So you can order quite a few for the future and still pay the minimum shipping if you want.

·
Registered
501 Posts
My new oil filter & gasket came with a oil plug washer, which i got at my local honda dealer. Strange yours didnt have them

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
supposed to come with one i thought..it's called a "crush washer" ...but since i mistakenly took out the "OTHER" plug that drains from the oil pump..I haven't technically taken out my drain plug yet..
most of us will have to ask the dealer for the crush washer or they wont give you one when you buy ur supplies for an oil change and it only costs less than a buck..my dealer told me to just reuse the one I have and replace it like every 4 oil changes or so

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I bought my filters in a three-pack online to save some money in the long run. So I nabbed up two crush washers for like $2.77 from that site, so I still came out like $20 cheaper than buying filters from the dealer. Even though oil changes are so few and far between, I like to think WAY ahead! :D And I don't have a motorcycle dealership within like 30 miles of me...kinda sucks.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
A tip for anyone who's sump washer leaks, mine did soon as I got home.. no big prob-
undo the plug 1 turn, spin the washer 180 degrees and torque up again to 24 N-m / 18lbft as per page 56 in the owners manual.
I dont even use a new washer after 4 oil changes, spray with solvent or contact cleaner as you do it to check for leaks.

Anti seize on the thread works a treat too.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
supposed to come with one i thought..it's called a "crush washer" ...but since i mistakenly took out the "OTHER" plug that drains from the oil pump..I haven't technically taken out my drain plug yet..
most of us will have to ask the dealer for the crush washer or they wont give you one when you buy ur supplies for an oil change and it only costs less than a buck..my dealer told me to just reuse the one I have and replace it like every 4 oil changes or so
EDIT: got my awesome $30 shop manual today..HIGH QUALITY!!! it says its called a sealing washer as ur thread title plainly says..duh..lol says to replace it at every oil change...put some oil on the threads of the drain bolt and washer then reinstall

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EDIT: got my awesome $30 shop manual today..HIGH QUALITY!!! it says its called a sealing washer and to replace it at every oil change...put some oil on the threads of the drain bolt and washer then reinstall
I did as well spdklls. Wish I'd found that guy before I began the journey of attempting my gas tank removal...those fairings suck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts