Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this pic while looking through google search pics. I have wanted to take my plastics to a paint shop and have them paint the silver ares the same as the red and I was wondering in my head what it would look like. Well I found a picture and I LOVE IT!!!!! I wonder how expensive this would be? I know paint and getting it sprayed on is pretty pricey. Man, I want to do this so bad! I love the carbon fiber heat shield too and the rim tape. Also I wonder where he got the brembo calipers at??

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want everything that's silver (the front end under the headlight, middle area by the engine and rear pieces under the seat) all painted the factory red. Is that guesstimation with them doing everything or do you think I could knock off a little if I took the plastics off and prepped/taped them that way all they had to do was spray?? I REALLY love that look and would LOVE to get it done. Thanks for the price guesstimate though, I was actually thinking higher than that so that's kinda good.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that really sucks. Maybe I won't be doing it then. I'll have to check around some local shops.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Just take them to MAACO and get their best paint grade. I doubt it will cost you more than $350. We are talking fairly small pieces. Whoever would pay $800 to paint a few small pieces is getting raped prison style. I was going to get some scooter fairings painted last year at a ocal sho and he was only going to charge me $300 for everything, included prep. Call a few shops in you area and tell them what you want and email them a pic if necessary and ask for a rough estimate.

If you want your wheels powder coated gloss black they will run you roughly $250-$300 if you take the wheels and tires off yourself.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wrapped my side and rear pieces with translucent red vinyl and it matches close enough....

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, that looks really good too and seems to match VERY close. If you look really hard you can see they're a little different but very good. How much did that run? I'll bet a LOT cheaper than paint. Is their a specific red film?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks, It's Orical 8300 translucent vinyl #032 med. red, a 16"x30' roll was about $50.00 and I spent about three hours taking the pieces off and wrapping them, it was worth it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
i still wish red was available in the UK, to make it worse the 125cc got all the nice paint schemes in the UK

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome, thank you BMX! Was it hard to apply or was it like putting on tint? I've done tint before and know you just spray a ton of water/dishsoap mix on it and squegee it out.

Dukie, they don't have red 250's in UK?? That's probably 70% or more of what they have over here! LOL What colors do they have then? Just black and tri color?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Just take them to MAACO and get their best paint grade. I doubt it will cost you more than $350. We are talking fairly small pieces. Whoever would pay $800 to paint a few small pieces is getting raped prison style. I was going to get some scooter fairings painted last year at a ocal sho and he was only going to charge me $300 for everything, included prep. Call a few shops in you area and tell them what you want and email them a pic if necessary and ask for a rough estimate.

If you want your wheels powder coated gloss black they will run you roughly $250-$300 if you take the wheels and tires off yourself.
Only if you knew what it takes to do it right. Maaco does the worst work I have ever seen. They will do it cheap no doubt about it but like I said you get what you pay for. My guess might be a little high, I just paint the stuff not do estimates.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ok, so I'm all about beautiful colors and brilliant design. Would honestly like to know your initial reactions and thoughts on this bike color scheme. Isn't it stunning?!?

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL, gay pride????? HA HA It is definitely "loud" looking.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Dukie, they don't have red 250's in UK?? That's probably 70% or more of what they have over here! LOL What colors do they have then? Just black and tri color?
yep tri and black only. i went for tri at the last minute changing my mind from black.

but check out the 125 colours. tough call between 125 tri and the orange/grey

tasty honda 125's(UK)

·
Registered
305 Posts
LOL, gay pride????? HA HA It is definitely "loud" looking.
Totally thought the same thing. It's the rainbow. Lol. You'd def get hit on by other women. Haha

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Ok, so I'm all about beautiful colors and brilliant design. Would honestly like to know your initial reactions and thoughts on this bike color scheme. Isn't it stunning?!?
Gotta say Gay Pride Parade, too. (Not that there's anything wrong with that) :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yep tri and black only. i went for tri at the last minute changing my mind from black.

but check out the 125 colours. tough call between 125 tri and the orange/grey

tasty honda 125's(UK)
WOW! You weren't kidding when you said the 125's got the best paint schemes over there!! Their tri color and that grey/orange is AWESOME!! Are the 125's bigger sellers over there? I'm trying to figure out why they made the 125's waaaaaay cooler than the 250's. I actually really like the tri color 250 and my dealer had one but it was a 2012 with ABS and mine was a non-ABS 2011 leftover so I got a killer deal on my red one but I would have loved to have had the tri color.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts

Unless you're embarking on a motorcycle rodeo circuit, i'd nix the rainbow scheme. You'd be stared at but not necessarily in a good way:eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts