Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat on a CBR250R at my dealers. The seat felt like I was on a 2 X 10 board. I know soft seats can be uncomfortable over time as they compress down to the undercarriage. Has anyone put a lot of miles on the seat in one day and does the seat soften and conform to your shape over time?

·
Registered
681 Posts
By most accounts the seat isn't very good. Most people have complained about the comfort on long rides. I'll probably change mine out before I consider and full day trips.

·
Registered
133 Posts
really.. i thought it was pretty comfortable.. but to be far that was only about 40km's. I have friends that say they are ok for 3-400km's.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I like the seat. Ive done a 280kms stretch no problem. But everyone is different and has a different level of comfort.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yesterday, after about 70 miles i did have pain. Got off walked around took a little break, continued for another 109 miles with some more breaks. Seat never "conformed" to my butt, more like my butt became a victim of the seat.......however not complaining any more...i love my cbr:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
one thing that helped me was a airhawk cushion, it helps greatly. and you can take it from bike to bike unlike a corbin seat.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Sheepskin rug

Just before I left New Zealand one year, when I was working seasonally in England, I passed a place selling sheepskin rugs and scraps.

"Just what I need for touring on that CB250RS I have in England." I thought, and bought a suitable piece.

An inspired decision. Touring Europe the following July, it was like riding on a magic carpet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts