Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012. Bought it a few weeks ago, the original seller said it had a bad fuel pump, but I heard the fuel pump prime. A mechanic told me he thinks it's the main 30 amp fuse and the battery. Lights stopped working horn was really low and when I'd try to start it, thx whole dash would die. I Replaced both the battery and main 30 amp fuse. Now when I try to start the bike, I hear a single click coming from the main 30 amp fuse or at least in that area. Just clicks one time but still won't start. Any ideas on what the problem is?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi sfolksss and welcome to the forum.
I've had the same issue once but that was an almost dead battery. Have you checked the voltage on your current battery? Does your bike have any electric modifications? Maybe there is something wrong with your electric system that drains your battery even if you don't use it.

·
Super Moderator
2,020 Posts
That sounds suspiciously like a bad starter relay, to me; but I have never had a cbr250r.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Get a volt meter and check the voltage. It should be over 12.7V.

Even a new battery may require charging before use.

Chances are it does.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2012. Bought it a few weeks ago, the original seller said it had a bad fuel pump, but I heard the fuel pump prime. A mechanic told me he thinks it's the main 30 amp fuse and the battery. Lights stopped working horn was really low and when I'd try to start it, thx whole dash would die. I Replaced both the battery and main 30 amp fuse. Now when I try to start the bike, I hear a single click coming from the main 30 amp fuse or at least in that area. Just clicks one time but still won't start. Any ideas on what the problem is?
Need to check spark plug cap hope current is not leaking from a worn out spark plug cap insulation

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Need to check spark plug cap hope current is not leaking from a worn out spark plug cap insulation
It would still crank over, regardless as to whether the spark plug cap is arching or not.

Check all ground connections, disconnect and clean them then reconnect, clean battery cables, and check for voltage drops between the battery and starter. Ensure the battery is good and fully charged before trying to start.

If it still won't crank over but clicks, you can attempt to replace/jostle the starter relay/solenoid.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I Never seen Any CBR 250R with One Click start,
Maybe All CBR s took 2 to 3 seconds to starts...
He means the starter doesn't turn the engine over and there is just a single click sound which happens when the battery is low on power. The almost dead horn and dying lights also indicate that there's not enough juice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts