Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before I post up some pics of the bike with a few minor appearance mods, I wanted to tell ya alittle story I learned about today at the dealership....

I was suppose to get 1 of 2 CBR 250R's that were meant to come in today. One black (Mine) and one Red, well what I found out is just how close to getting royally screwed I was today. The red CBR, when taken out of its crate from shipping to Hawaii....WAS TOTALED! yes, you heard me right....brand new, out of the crate...Totalled, 5k in damages to be exact. The frieght company must have dropped the shipping crate, the handle bars were bent and broken, the fairing Fed up etc....so needless to say I would have hated to be the guy who purchased that bike, and I totally feel for him and for the saleman who had to call him up and tell him hey we got it in...oh **** its a wreck!

But...alas, mine was perfect, with the exception of 1 scrape on the turnsignal housing which is already ordered for warranty replacement! So without further adue, I present to you my black CBR 250R, with a few minor replacements....see if you can pick em out!
(I hope this works, I have never loaded pics before!)

Hope you like it! Within a week or two I will also be have the Black V.A.L.E. carbon fiber two brothers slip on exhaust, Tidy Tail, and Black Tinted wind screen installed.....I will be sure to update with more pics!

P.S. can someone tell me how to add 2 videos....I recorded my bike revving with the stock exhaust with my camera, so we can compare to the two brothers when I install it and record, for others interested in purchasing a new exhaust it might be useful...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Lets try it a different way....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Nice job so far with the accessories. I've the black abs model as well and want to accessorize with red. Thanks for the additional ideas. Looking forward to hearing your bikes new exhaust....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Red elements on CBR using foil

Nice looking bike!

Regarding red elements on the black CBR250R:
You obviously also have the 100% black CBR. I like black too, but the version with mainly black + some grey elements looks more interesting due to two different colors, as can be seen here.

Once I get my black CBR, I will change those parts you see on the pic to red.
This should be an amazing combination, red really is a great color to complete the bike's look.

This should work most easily at a low price by using colored foil typically used by companies to put their brand on delivery cars, trucks etc.
This foil is heat & water resistant and easy to attach. We've let it be done by a small company with our travel coaches before, and it's cheap in comparison to professional painting.

Let's see who's got his black CBR with some large red elements posted here first... ;)
(although I'll most probably lose coz I'm just finishing my motorcycle licence in 3-4 weeks...)

·
Registered
118 Posts
sweet looking bike i love the red anodized parts, esp with more sliver parts it would look amazing!

If only Honda offered more red anodized parts as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
man, i'm totally getting the tank protector. it looks great. but i have been waiting for a video to hear the 2 brothers exhaust on the CBR250R. can't wait for the video

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was going to order a couple of those red parts too, but they just look out of place to me. Maybe it's because there's not enough yet. I did order the rim stickers though.

·
Registered
400 Posts
nice,also waiting for the two brothers exhaust sound..even though two brothers themselves put a video up on youtube..im waiting for remus and yoshi to do the same before i just decide.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was going to order a couple of those red parts too, but they just look out of place to me. Maybe it's because there's not enough yet. I did order the rim stickers though.

I understand what you mean, and I actually have about 6 more pieces coming, and I am waiting for red anodized rear sets and levers...Basically everything silver on the bike will eventually be red. I am also getting the rims powder coated Red or Black, and I am getting the seats reupholstered red...

·
Registered
147 Posts
I understand what you mean, and I actually have about 6 more pieces coming, and I am waiting for red anodized rear sets and levers...Basically everything silver on the bike will eventually be red. I am also getting the rims powder coated Red or Black, and I am getting the seats reupholstered red...
Would love to see how that looks, keep us updated!

·
Registered
44 Posts
2 brothers exhaust

man, i'm totally getting the tank protector. it looks great. but i have been waiting for a video to hear the 2 brothers exhaust on the CBR250R. can't wait for the video
I have the two brothers exhaust on my bike and you can probably see it in my avatar and profile pic. If you wanna hear it just go to youtube and search two brothers exhaust 2011 cbr 250. You can hear it while they dyno it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts