Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked my manual today and it said I had a tool 'set' under the seat that came with the bike but all I could find in the bag was one hex wrench... Is this true for everyone? I was hoping for more.

·
Registered
636 Posts
yes i believe "tool set" is over stating it a little bit..they could have thrown in a little "SIKE" notice taped to the hex wrench in that abundant tool kit.. i would have laughed, but instead i felt like i just won a door prize on the price is right..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha yea I was like "NICE! tools!" *pulls out hex wrench* "I can take my entire bike apart with this!?" that was my reaction lol

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yeah I felt like I was on a $50 shopping spree in the sears tool dept! LOL I couldn't belive the cheap ***holes at honda made a bike with an adjustable rear shock but didn't include the spanner wrench to adjust it! I'm SURE that would have been another $4-$5 out of their pockets.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Indian bikes get the full toolset. Nothing good really, it's all low-quality crap. Best to invest in your own tools. The tools are 8,10,12,14 mm wrenches, a screwdriver, rear shock adjustment spanner, the allen wrench and maybe 1-2 other things.

·
Registered
534 Posts
^^^ ha ha ha ha ha ha.

·
Registered
17 Posts
HAHAHA i went to adjust my rear shock and i open up my "tool kit" if you may, to see as you guys know one hex wrench!!! i was so pissed HAHA i thought great and im supposed to adjust what exactly with this!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I complained to the stealership where i bought my bike about the "tool kit" we got reamed with here in North America

they acted like they couldnt care any less

I bought a spanner wrench from them for $9..just a simple generic one works

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Made my own - which I would have even if they supplied the tools. I'm glad that they have a place to stow them, but I may do something bigger, like a swingarm mounted bag in the future.

L-R, Clockwise from top: Reversible screwdriver, 6mm, 5mm, 4mm hexes, 6/8mm, 7/9mm, 10/11mm, 12/14mm wrenches, small Vise Grips, 4 sm wire ties, 4 medium wire ties, 6" adjustable wrench. Might lose the Vise Grips and add some wire cutters, but this is the current setup.

·
Registered
534 Posts
^^^ Does that all fit under the seat?? That's a, pretty much everything short of tear down the engine, kit right there.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Throw away the standard tools except for the C wrench for the shock (which you'd never need to carry anyway)
Get some decent tools.

Only need to carry a 4mm and 5mm allen key anyway.

·
Registered
534 Posts
That's awesome. Might have to do something similar myself.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
I thought it was odd when my wife got back from IKEA with the new cabinets for the laundry room, that they included a spark plug socket and a shock spanner, but no allen wrench to assemble them with. :eek: Hmmm

All the Japanese bikes I've ever owned that have had tool kits supplied with the bike, featured "Tools from Bangladesh"... I've got a box full of them in the shop. Aside from the long reach spark plug socket, I replace everything else with decent quality wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.

Speaking of spark plugs, what's up with the $15 - $20 NGK they have in this bike? I'm used to paying $1.89 for the NGK's in all my other Honda's...

·
Registered
2 Posts
tools

Yeah i was laughing a little myself, and up until now i thought i had been screwed by someone back in service. Makes me feel better to know were all in the same boat. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I called them up to ask if it was some sort of a joke, They said that all that Honda provides is the tool to get to the battery so apparently that should be all you need.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts