Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While waiting at a light, clutch in, I accidentally bumped the starter. Made a not too pleasant sound. Being new to motorcycles, I'm curious to know if that would cause any sort of problem. My gut tells me all is fine, and as long as it's not something that happens on a regular basis, the bike will be fine.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's done it either. ;)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I have done that more times now than i care to mention...I dont see it hurting anything no more than trying to start your car while its already started on occasion...it took me awhile to stop accidently hitting the horn with my thumb too....lots of people are out there today wondering who that guy on the bike was blowing his horn at them

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done that more times now than i care to mention...I dont see it hurting anything no more than trying to start your car while its already started on occasion...it took me awhile to stop accidently hitting the horn with my thumb too....lots of people are out there today wondering who that guy on the bike was blowing his horn at them
Thanks spdklls. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Guilty of the accidental horn hit as well. Guess that's one way to help get noticed out there. :)

·
1,305 Posts
lol yeah , i think everyone has done it...
hell my daughter asked if she could start the bike up the other day and she pressed it again

·
Registered
999 Posts
I've done that on every bike I've owned at least once. Probably more times than I care to admit.

Yes it makes a god awful noise when the starter gear is banging off the flywheel but as long as it's quick bump of the button and not a prolonged holding down of the button, chances of damaging your bike are small. Very, very small.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts