Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on a 600rr forum and thought it might be interesting here:

In your opinion, what is the best mod you've done and why?

For me, it's the Yoshi slip-on. I think the stainless with CF tip really sets off the looks of the 250.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Made numerous mods. I have to choose 3 as my favs 1)yosh full carbon fibre exhaust 2)black CP'd rims and 3)new black rearsets

Reactions: pruthviraj

·
Registered
706 Posts
When I made my "Home Link" for the bike. It's so much nicer not having to get off of it to open the garage door and park it. Just hit the button and ride on in.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Putting the stock pipe back on after fitting a cheap Thai one.

Quickly followed by my Pirelli tyres.

Then mirrors for city riding.

Aesthetically, making the black/silver model look like this:

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Monitoring my cold (and hot) tyre pressures, feel, and wear characteristics.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Galfer Braided brake lines. Got rid of that spongy lever and doubled my confidence. That's also my only mod. Though my i did buy my bike with morowaki exhaust already fitted.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Galfer Braided brake lines. Got rid of that spongy lever and doubled my confidence. That's also my only mod. Though my i did buy my bike with morowaki exhaust already fitted.
Yep, am ready for a braided line now, yesterday could feel the brush and bury of the front brake, but not the gradual release, felt like i was dragging the front too long into the corners even tho I was releasing the lever back as gradually as possible. can we get them for ABS model?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Suspension
Full Race Tech set-up G3S shock in rear and Front Emulators in forks.
Completely changed the handling character of this little bike from pogo
stick unsettled bounce to road warrior stability.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yep, am ready for a braided line now, yesterday could feel the brush and bury of the front brake, but not the gradual release, felt like i was dragging the front too long into the corners even tho I was releasing the lever back as gradually as possible. can we get them for ABS model?
From memory someone on the thread I started 'SS Braided Brake Lines' gave there bike to Spielger for r&d for ABS Braided lines. Look it up and PM them. Or have a good google.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Suspension
Full Race Tech set-up G3S shock in rear and Front Emulators in forks.
Completely changed the handling character of this little bike from pogo
stick unsettled bounce to road warrior stability.
If it wasn't for the price that'd be my next mission. But I might try changing fork oil level/weight for less of a pogo stick front end.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
best mod for me is my Corbin seat...rode for 3 1/2 hours today and my rear wasnt even phased..on the stock saddle my butt woulda been sore..

Next best mods of mine are...

Denali D2 LED driving lights...
Photon Blasters conspicuosity LEDs...
Knight Rider auxiliary LED Brake light
Red Adjustable Levers-long
PIAA Xtreme White Plus H4 Anti-vibration Headlight Bulb
Red Reflective Rim Tape
12V cigarette lighter power adapter
Foam Grip covers
FIAA freeway Blaster air horn
Ram stem mount for GPS & clutch/brake double ball RAM mount
replacing incandescent bulbs with T10 15 smd LED bulbs in position lights and a 5 smd in license plate

EDIT: forgot about my 2 Neodymium hard drive magnets i put under bike to activate red lights ,cost less than $5..works great..

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Have you found the magic 10% increase point?
Basically no r100, It probably deserves its own thread some day.

Mods to do-

BT 003 tyres
Sato spools and a stand.
Woodcraft 1.5 lower bars.
Tyga Rearsets (also fixes the sloppy rose joint mount in the gear lever)
Tyga tail (sheds 3kg, crashes better, removes rear grabrails)
Replace fork oil weight and height and set preload.
Braided front line.
Sharkskinz bodywork and remove headlight, horn, and anything that isnt needed)
Adjustable or stubby levers.

Dilemma.... love riding the cbr, its very stable and predictable... 1.07 secs wobbling around learning in december, 102.9 in January, 1.00 minute last weekend, could possibly get down another couple secs if all goes well.

Or get a crashed 675 Daytona for about $6500 and spend that money on a dedicated track bike... decisions decisions, do not want to waste money nor do I want to race as there is no class here (only 125GP/ 400 4cyl/ 650 twin all in together) but want to ride each month .

I could always sell that stuff and get half the money back but thats the same for any bike, least with the cbr parts are cheap, the bike is new, I know its history, paid cash for it and having fun.

Maybe we need a 'Is modifying bikes worthwhile' thread.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Dilemma.... love riding the cbr, its very stable and predictable... 1.07 secs wobbling around learning in december, 102.9 in January, 1.00 minute last weekend, could possibly get down another couple secs if all goes well.

Or get a crashed 675 Daytona for about $6500 and spend that money on a dedicated track bike... decisions decisions, do not want to waste money nor do I want to race as there is no class here (only 125GP/ 400 4cyl/ 650 twin all in together) but want to ride each month .

I could always sell that stuff and get half the money back but thats the same for any bike, least with the cbr parts are cheap, the bike is new, I know its history, paid cash for it and having fun.

Maybe we need a 'Is modifying bikes worthwhile' thread.
I think you are on the right track Aufitt, you can't buy lap times, you must do lap times. Top shelf tyres and track time make you faster than all the do-dads many people here seem to be considering. A 10 lb weight loss via a slip-on is great, and if it gives you 1 hp that's a bonus. A lot of stuff is just "bling".
A SS brakeline on the front is the one that counts, and worth the money. One brakeline is not too expensive, but if you want to save a bit, make your own with Earl's components - Earl's Performance Products UK - Banjo Compression Fittings
You would love 125GP, but those bikes will be obsolete soon due to Moto3.
I raced for 8 years and I can tell you that you will get more track time doing a track day than you will at a race weekend.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts