Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
559 Posts
My Facebook feed algorithm has been bombarding me with ads for this item.
It seems relatively cheap and easy to use, but I'd like to hear what the CBR community thinks about its usefulness on our bikes. Is it a worthwhile investment? Or just a gimmick?
Discover The Revolutionary Chain Slack Adjuster Tool – BPA-RACING
Hi
From your link I did not understand what it is all about, they did it on purpose so that we don't understand? As a part of the marketing move? As the advertisements that they are bursting into your Facebook? Someone there is pushing this toy really hard!
This is how the toy works: LINK to BPA YouTube 🥶Advertising😱
  • Is this a useful toy? Seems nice to me.
  • Is it problematic toy? Yes, if it is reset incorrectly, or if it is out of tune, then all of its measurement is worth nothing.
  • Does this toy solve the problem of shifting when clamping? No it does not solve this problem.
  • Does this toy solve the problem of aligning the tire direction to the chain? No it does not solve this problem.
  • So for what this toy is good? It's good for those who love toys, it's a nice toy.
TrueFaith What do you think about 3m tape measure(LINK to aliexpress)?
Look at the video below:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I realized the toy costs 55 USD (Link to Amazon).
REF: A simple ruler costs 1.78 USD (Link to aliexpress)
And you anyway need the cheap simple ruler to calibrate the expensive toy!!!
Product Organism Font Rectangle Screenshot

Product Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty much what I figured, Tamir. A product in search of a market that's actually harder to use. They really are trying to sell the heck out of this thing, as over-complicated as it appears. Especially for a CBR250R, on which chain adjustment is hardly a heavy lift to begin with. You could probably get better results by just eyeballing the chain. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Facebook feed algorithm has been bombarding me with ads for this item.
It seems relatively cheap and easy to use, but I'd like to hear what the CBR community thinks about its usefulness on our bikes. Is it a worthwhile investment? Or just a gimmick?
Discover The Revolutionary Chain Slack Adjuster Tool – BPA-RACING
Expensive, and I really don't check slack more than once or twice a year. Probably useful if you're a racer that replaces tires every track day.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Expensive, and I really don't check slack more than once or twice a year. Probably useful if you're a racer that replaces tires every track day.
Sorry if I was gentle and polite.
This BPA Expensive TOOL (55USD) can NOT help anyone,
NOT even a professional rider.

The regular method with the 3m tape measure (the video I attached above), this method is easily operated with one hand, and does not need to be calibrated for each motorcycle separately. And of course the slack test can also be performed with any simple ruler(cost 1USD) that is simpler than tape measure(5USD).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts