Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK you guys, I see so much about all this bolt on this and bolt on that crap, and if you want to waste your money and de-valuate you bikes, that's OK with me nonsense. This thread is about all you CBR 250R riders that are happy with your bike the way it shipped from the factory, as I am. So come on, now is your chance to speak your mind and stand up and be counted. This bike is almost perfect as it is, without spending way too much cash to get an extra horsepower or two, or to make it look "different". Opinions, please. ;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm good with mine...

Added spools... standard.
Added a more convenient helmet lock... I'm done...

·
Registered
534 Posts
My jeep is my money pit. I got this to commute with and save a ton on gas which it has done wonderfully! I have so much fun on it though that I go out on my days off for a ride every chance I get. Luckily it gets such good gas mileage that I can ride all afternoon on lunch money. LOL

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
All I want is a set of Michelin Pilot road 2's... otherwise my bike needs nothing. Honda did their homework on this bike, just as they always have. I feel privileged to be riding one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same here, perfect commuting bike....I love it!!! A lot of my entourage doesn't .....they prefer buying bikes 15000$ and keep burning money. Don't know how people can still enjoying paying 1,38$/L here in Canada without thinkng switching to smaller cylinder bikes.:p

·
Registered
878 Posts
^ +1

I have a few bikes and my mindset has always been I'd rather buy more bikes than add bling or a couple hp to an already great bike.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm with Wynne. I'm quite happy with the bike as-is. Ive got 7200 km on the bike (bought it may 2011). If I want more performance i will likely get a bigger displacement bike down the road. But as many people have noted, for everyday riding, commuting and running costs it is a great bike. As my first bike I'm very happy I started with it and it is quite conceivable that it may be my only bike for a long time. Anything else I've considered would be more expensive, heavier etc etc. for now it's all I need.

·
Registered
414 Posts
the CBR250r is a fantastic off the shelf bike, like all honda's are. It is great as stock and the only thing i added was a scott-oiler and heated grips which are essential for all weather riding in the UK

·
Registered
354 Posts
which oiler?

the CBR250r is a fantastic off the shelf bike, like all honda's are. It is great as stock and the only thing i added was a scott-oiler and heated grips which are essential for all weather riding in the UK
Dukie, did you put the electronic, or vacuum oiler?

I think the cbr functions pretty well, but it is cheap in many ways, and too heavy for a 250. I would not assume that all changes are going to devalue the bike, many refinements were not done to save money for the buyer. Even if the muffler did not weigh a ton, it looks like hell. and the rear fender is just plain offensive. Those are not on the dash, and I don't have to look at them while I'm riding.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Frame sliders and a Corbin saddle. Easily reversible if I ever wanted to sell it and someone didn't like either - but that's unlikely (that I'd sell it).

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Yea mine will stay stock as well.

Looking for a tail pack (Honda UK has a nice one, can't get it here), gonna put a cig. lighter for my GPS, but other than that - I'm set!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I dont plan on changing anything, as others have stated, when Im ready for more performance Ill buy another bike... But I will surely keep my 250 even after that, as it is a perfect commuter for me :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'd be interested in how y'all are planning to install the cig lighter socket.
I have the battery tender extension coiled under the main seat, next to the battery, with the socket wire attached there, and then run in the crease between the tank and fairing, on the right. I looped it beneath the handlebar, for turning slack, zip-tied it to one of the cable mgt. arms, and then zip-tied the socket itself to a RAM mount.

It works. It's relatively clean, but not the tidiest solution... always looking for new alternatives.

Any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts