Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hate introductions.....truly.... share about myself.... ugh.

Originally from Florida, but made the mistake :p of relocating myself to Pa....what could make that an awesome move? The fact that I have recently found myself on my 2012 Black CBR 250r and Pa has twisty roads...FL, not so much :D I am the wife portion of a husband / wife team. The husband portion is PAJKRUBI.

I'm half way through with my MSF course, and discovered that even in one day of riding with their instruction I was worlds more comfortable on my bike than I had been in the preceding two weeks practicing. Rode it to work for the first time today (and naturally it rains...guess who DOESN'T HAVE RAIN GEAR!!) but I really enjoy riding the bike. Can't wait until I'm finally actually comfortable and quit making mistakes like stalling out at a redlight because my nerves get the better of me!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome Nativeflgirl! It's been nice having your DH on the forum & great to finally hear from you. I'm new to riding, too. Completed MSF course 3/11, bike delivered 3/16 and 600+ miles later I ride every chance I get. There's no better teacher than experience. ;)

I'm just hear in central Virginia, so if there's a Mid-Atlantic event organized, would love to meet up.

Stay safe, ride strong!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome! Lol You should have put better half!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Good for you and welcome. You're husband has talked fabulously about you so looking forward to hearing from you more. He finally got you on the forum....wahoo.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome! Lol You should have put better half!

Don't have to put better half....it's common knowledge! :p

Thank you, everyone. It took him a little convincing, but here I am. :D

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Good for you and welcome. You're husband has talked fabulously about you so looking forward to hearing from you more. He finally got you on the forum....wahoo.
^ +1

LOL nothing beats a little brownie points! Awww Yeaa!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome NativeflGirl. Glad you're enjoying and learning from your MSF course. I found it equally helpful. Pajkrubi has had nothing but nice things to say about you, so you will be an asset to this forum. Keep us up to date on your progress as a rider and as a CBR250r owner!

Oh..and one more thing....

Your husband's gay for Michael. Thought you should know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome from south eastern PA, as well:] and +1 on the MSF course; it's easily the best thing I've done in my time owning a bike.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome NativeflGirl. Glad you're enjoying and learning from your MSF course. I found it equally helpful. Pajkrubi has had nothing but nice things to say about you, so you will be an asset to this forum. Keep us up to date on your progress as a rider and as a CBR250r owner!

Oh..and one more thing....

Your husband's gay for Michael. Thought you should know.
Ha ha ha shhhhhhh, don't be telling my secrets! I heard you were starting a michael fan club and you were the president?? Even had bumper stickers made up?? What's that about? Lol

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
^ classic case of deflection ;)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
@nativeflgirl Have you noticed Paj having a sudden fondness for 40 year old mo-peds? Has he been ordering calamari at restaurants? Do you find the last website he visited before you got on the computer was thesaurus.com? Has he been eating LIFE cereal? Signs, I tell ya. All very very troubling signs.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!! And nice to "meet" you finally! It's so awesome y'all both have ceebee's! My hubs went the cruiser route. Lol. I felt so great after the MSF. Really learned a lot and I use it everyday. I just can't believe some people flat out refuse to take it. Could save our lives one day. Good luck with the other half of the course this weekend. Keep us posted! Also, I have no rain gear. Can't afford it yet. Probably in a couple weeks though. If you get some before then post up what you got and a review! :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
@nativeflgirl Have you noticed Paj having a sudden fondness for 40 year old mo-peds? Has he been ordering calamari at restaurants? Do you find the last website he visited before you got on the computer was thesaurus.com? Has he been eating LIFE cereal? Signs, I tell ya. All very very troubling signs.
Ha ha ha that one had me literally lmao! Especially the moped and thesaurus comments! Lol.

Jkincaid, I got a very nice set (top and bottom) of rain gear from leatherup.com for $40 on sale. They have really good prices and a free return policy if you get something and it doesn't fit. I already had to use it one too and it worked awesome.

·
Registered
305 Posts
@PAJ, that's a really good deal!!!! Is it hi-vis? Post picks up under the gear thread when you get a chance. Wish y'all weren't so far. You'd def be our riding couple! Lol. Still searching for a group to ride with. The bike night thing tonight was at an Irish pub downtown. Just a bunch of dudes drinking. I know better than to even have ONE beer. Not worth it. If only I could find ppl to meet up with local that are like ppl on this forum. Guys were really nice but I still felt awkward. Like a hair in a biscuit. Lol.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Hmmm...My wife and I are not "riding couple" material? That makes me a little sad in my heart. 'Course Chicago is further (or is that farther?) from NC than PA is but still not even to be considered....oh wait, maybe we WERE considered. Well now, this IS a little awkward. Ummm.. hmmm...well anyhoo........

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hmmm...My wife and I are not "riding couple" material? That makes me a little sad in my heart. 'Course Chicago is further (or is that farther?) from NC than PA is but still not even to be considered....oh wait, maybe we WERE considered. Well now, this IS a little awkward. Ummm.. hmmm...well anyhoo........
Oh don't get your feathers ruffled! Lol. Y'all are def riding couple material. Lol. But all four of us are noobs. We bonded over our MSF weekends. Haha. Your wife would smoke us all. ;) How'd she get into riding anyways?? CJ told me that he thought it was "hot" that I ride now. Says that chicks that ride their own are way cooler than the ones sitting on the back. Made me smile.

PS- Awkward Turtle... :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts