Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I recently purchased 2 CBRs`. We have been riding Aprilia SR50 Scooters for the last 2 yrs, we put about 10,000 mile on each scooter in those 2 yrs. I have been trying to talk her into getting some sport bikes for a while and finally wore her down. We live in Cape Coral fl and ride all over, this last weekend we rode to Sanibel Island and then to Captiva Island. On the way back we stop on a small island and watch some people fishing, saw a guy catch a small shark...anyway here is a pic of the bikes park while we we watching the epic shark battle (1.5ft shark)

Her`s is the tricolor, it had 500 mile when we purchased it 4 weeks ago I think it has close to 800 now. Mine is the all white one, it was dropped by previous owner and they had painted in baby blue and pink..so...I took it to work one day and painted it ( it`s what I do, painter at automotive shop) and rode it home that afternoon.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you guys, my wife was really hesitant about motorcycle but now she loves it, we ride everyday

going to key west next week, we are trailering them part way down, parking the car and trailer with a friend of my fathers and riding the rest of the way..should be fun

I will ask her about painting the shield black..have to check first lol

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
thank you guys, my wife was really hesitant about motorcycle but now she loves it, we ride everyday
Have you guys taken a MSF course?
If not, I think it would instill confidence in your wife to take training on a motorcycle on a closed course taught by professionals.
Back in the day, my ex insisted I take the course with her. I am so glad I did.
And don't stop with the beginner course. The Better Biker course is just as good, possibly more so, because you take the class on your own bike.
But definitely take the first class first.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I would not paint the exhaust cover black. The aesthetic purpose of the silver color is to create the visual impression of a smaller muffler. It looks good on the tri-color as-is.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you guys taken a MSF course?
If not, I think it would instill confidence in your wife to take training on a motorcycle on a closed course taught by professionals.
Back in the day, my ex insisted I take the course with her. I am so glad I did.
And don't stop with the beginner course. The Better Biker course is just as good, possibly more so, because you take the class on your own bike.
But definitely take the first class first.
That is a great idea and something we have to do, we also want to do some track days down here

I think we are letting exhaust shield silver, she likes that over the black on mine...but mine was pink and black spray can was handy..silver I had to walk across shop to get

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
shield takes impact in a side drop, but its design must include
disguising that big cannister, so in that sense its 'a comb-over'..
but if that doesnt bother its owner then who cares, either way...

refreshing to see partners sharing their love thru motorcycling,,
a perfect example of shared independence...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts