Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I have an oppertunity to get a non-abs model or wait 2-4 weeks for an abs model of the CBR250R.

I was wondering for all the new owners if they can post their impressions of the abs system and how it performs and same for the non-abs model owners does the front dive hard under aggressive braking?

Thank you all for your input!

Cheers,
Canader

·
Registered
100 Posts
Abs vs non abs

Hi Canader. Just picked up my abs red this am. Too early to comment on the abs from experience but as a new rider I am glad to have it. That feature alone sold me on the Honda as compared to the ninja. If you can hang in there a little longer I'd say wait for the abs

·
Registered
147 Posts
thats good to know,just becarefull in the rain. 20 yrs ago i was coming to a intersection when a lady cut right in front of me ,and it just started raining,my first reaction pull that brake----and boy did i go down hard,i still think about that,thats why i wanted the abs,but i dont think it wouldve helped,------still waiting on my black non abs,because honda is lame at shipping their bikes:mad:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Been there done that. Nowadays being old I am a lot more careful. Got to see what my knee cap looked liked after being hit by a car years ago too. I try not to do that anymore.

·
281 Posts
Hi all!

I have an oppertunity to get a non-abs model or wait 2-4 weeks for an abs model of the CBR250R.

I was wondering for all the new owners if they can post their impressions of the abs system and how it performs and same for the non-abs model owners does the front dive hard under aggressive braking?

Thank you all for your input!

Cheers,
Canader
Canader If the wait is only 2-4 weeks maybe you should wait. The ABS is an excellent feature to have. Some front end dive is going to happen whether it is abs or not with aggressive braking. ....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the quick response. I have decided to wait. 2-4 weeks is nothing compared to the recovery time of a nasty accident assuming I survived. Also looked at some comparison videos and was quite impressed by abs braking.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I personally dont think abs is going to save you from the #1 problem, people turning in front of you. Being able to plan ahead and manuever is more important then thinking abs is going to save you. Unless you ride in the rain alot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree mad trapper. I hope most people who are waiting for or got abs arn't getting it so they don't have to worry ever and will always be able to stop in time (not true). My main reason for it is to have a advantage if I get caught in the wet as a new rider.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts