Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of my past bikes had center stands and I don't see that working as an option for the new 250. I have never owned a pair of paddock stands (front and rear).

Has anyone done any research and found a good pair of matching front and rear paddock stands that will work well with the new CBR250R? I see them on ebay for like $40 for a pair. Would you spend more for better?

I am familiar with how the basic rear stands work lifting the rear swingarm but a little fuzzy with how the front would work. I guess that is where "bobbins" come into play.

Can anyone that has used paddock stands provide any information on bobbin options for the new 250? Is that an easy add on? Is there any real advantage to using bobbins on the rear?

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Has anyone done any research and found a good pair of matching front and rear paddock stands that will work well with the new CBR250R? I see them on ebay for like $40 for a pair. Would you spend more for better?

I am familiar with how the basic rear stands work lifting the rear swingarm but a little fuzzy with how the front would work. I guess that is where "bobbins" come into play.

Can anyone that has used paddock stands provide any information on bobbin options for the new 250? Is that an easy add on? Is there any real advantage to using bobbins on the rear?
- I have only used brands like pitbull, woodcraft, and vortex so not sure how the cheaper ones will do but I am sure they will get the job done.

- Front stands, there are 2 different types, ones that lift by the bottom of the forks, and ones that lift up by the lower triple tree. Generally for the front, the ones that lift by the bottom of the forks is more user friendly. Either allow you to clean the wheel, and for wheel removal.

- My girl has only had the CBR250r for a couple weeks now but from research, if you plan on removing the wheel, or adjusting the chain, stay away from the Yoshimura ones, looks like it's only good for cleaning the rear wheel and lubing/cleaning the chain. The TRex and Sato ones look like they allow you to adjust the chain and rear wheel removal.

The pictures are taken from putbulls website, not my personal bike.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts