Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I possible, can someone please post the paint colour code for a Red/Silver CBR250R?

I wanted to pick up a red paint pen to fix any minor chips (already put 1 in removing the stupid stickers), but I forgot to write down the information under the rear seat (and my bike isn't at my condo at the moment).

Also does anyone know if you can get things like this from a Honda Auto dealer (vs motorcycle or Powerhouse dealer)?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
427 Posts
I possible, can someone please post the paint colour code for a Red/Silver CBR250R?
Bike colours are typically really hard to get. About the only one I know of is Colorite. But be prepared for some major league sticker shock.

You'd probably be better off taking off a red piece and getting a good body shop to match the colour.

Be warned though, most bike colours are 3 step (base, candy/colour, clear) and matching them with a touch pen is **** near impossible

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Doesn't Honda make pens for bikes like they do for cars? I know whenever I needed to do minor touch-ups to my accord, I just had to give them (dealership) the code and they'd give me (or order in) an official Honda paint pen. Was never a 100% match, but was close enough to do extremely minor touch-up work (eg. stone, fingernail, etc).

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a little sticker stuck on the side underneath the back seat has the color code for your bike...it tells you where the color code sticker is in the user manual which is also under the back seat :D
I'm actually back with the bike again today, and the colour code for 2011 red is R4C.

Is this something I can get at a Honda dealership, or is Colorite my only option? Dealerships are closed as today is Sunday, so will likely call tomorrow (although it would be nice to know in advance).

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Surprisingly the dealerships do not carry paint for bikes, so looks like ColorRite might be the only option. I've emailed them already, as they have the paint needed in the US, however their Canadian distribute doesn't list it on their website (fun times).

·
Registered
427 Posts
Surprisingly the dealerships do not carry paint for bikes, so looks like ColorRite might be the only option. I've emailed them already, as they have the paint needed in the US, however their Canadian distribute doesn't list it on their website (fun times).
Doesn't surprise me in the least.

.. <waits for the earth shattering FOCK YOU! when Conundrum gets a price from Colorite>

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doesn't surprise me in the least.

.. <waits for the earth shattering FOCK YOU! when Conundrum gets a price from Colorite>
I emailed them earlier and they told me to call them (will do it tomorrow). Is the price really going to that THAT high? I'm only after the 1/2-1 oz touch-up jars (or pens), and if BestBuy Auto in Quebec had the colour I'd only be looking at $20/each + shipping.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I emailed them earlier and they told me to call them (will do it tomorrow). Is the price really going to that THAT high? I'm only after the 1/2-1 oz touch-up jars (or pens), and if BestBuy Auto in Quebec had the colour I'd only be looking at $20/each + shipping.
I really don't know how much for a pen, or even if they sell them. But I do know its around $300-500 litre.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really don't know how much for a pen, or even if they sell them. But I do know its around $300-500 litre.
BestBuy Auto Parts (in Quebec) got back to me -- Cost for the small jar is $23.46 + $10 shipping, so expensive but not too bad for having some to fix minor chips/etc (although I definitely wouldn't want to paint anything larger due to cost lol). Also since they do not stock the colours I'll be looking at about 14 days until I receive the product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts