Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I love the black rims with the red tape. Looks hot, I might just have to do that myself. As for the muffler, something just looks slightly off, even on the red bike.

All black faring eh...i didn't know they gave the silver accents in Thailand. The US version is all black. I do think leaving the side fairing's dual tone would look hot with the black rims, just change the rear and front fairings to black.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
All black faring eh...i didn't know they gave the silver accents in Thailand. The US version is all black. I do think leaving the side fairing's dual tone would look hot with the black rims, just change the rear and front fairings to black.
Was thinking of that myself, but will go with the all black. The one side piece off the 150cc version isn't glossy like the rest of the the fairing, but a different material, and kind of matte looking.

Black 150cc looks like this btw:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So, hypotehticaly speaking ofcourse..say if one were to **** up the paintjob, should they sand it down and try again or...?

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Yep, not that easy to screw it up though. Just put the coats on nice and thin, dont rush it, do lots of thin coats rather than 3 thick ones and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Oh, my black coats were good. But then I put on the clear coat. I didn't realize it until after but the "clear" coat dried a little frosty. On the can it says "Satin" under the where it says clearcaot, I just thought clear was clear? Learned my lesson.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to bump an old post but my exhaust now has some nasty scratches on it from parking my bike at work overnight. Id like to paint it but have never done anything like that before. Did you use spray paint ir paint from a gallon using a brush? Or probably a specific kind of paint I don't even know about haha...

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Wash.
Lightly sand.
Wipe with some paint thinner.
Lightly spray on a number of coats using spray paint.
Finish with a few coats of clear acrylic lacquer from a spray can.

Easy peasy titty squeezy.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Buy high temp flat black BBQ paint. Don't bother cleaning or prepping. Spray on.

Works great.
That's never a good idea when painting anything!

Part should be washed well first, sanded or scuffed, washed again, then painted. That's if the original paint is in good condition. Paint will not adhere (for long) to a glossy or dirty surface.

For these shields that may see some bumping or abuse, a spray can paint isn't going to hold up very well and will scratch and chip easily. High heat paint isn't usually necessary that far back - especially on a shield that isn't in full contact with the muffler.

If you want OEM durability, or better, it needs to be stripped/blasted and powder coated.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts