Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my other gear has been an easy decision. I've heard arguements pants are not as important as everything else. For commuting to work I want something that doesn't look like too much like motorcycle gear but still offers abrasion and CE rated protection. What have you decided on for pants?

·
Registered
161 Posts
You can always dry Kevlar jeans. I've been thinking about a pair of draggin jeans for everyday around town riding.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
It all depends on the environment you ride in. I use a full Hein Gericke textile suit, because it's waterproof, it's got removable liners for summer/winter riding and it offers a reasonable standard of protection. Leather offers the best protection, and is great for those who only ride when they want to, but if you're going to use your bike as every day transport, textile is much more convenient.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I suggest two pair, gortex weather resistant for cool inclement weather if that applies to the region to live in and draggin jeans.

Sadly companies don't design pants for girls that fit our shape. I take an xtra small size and I still look like i'm carring a load in my heiny and a pckg up front. Quite unattractive to say the least

PS. current riding pants I have are Joe Rocket that zips onto both my jackets. Plan on buying proper leather pants but, as I said, difficult to find nice fitting, comfortable pants for women. Grrrrr!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Nothing slides down the road like leather, some materials actually burn and melt to the skin.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've got draggins and they are great although they have no knee guards etc. and are only good for 2 or 3 secs sliding down the road. Nothing beets leather but if you already have a textile jacket I'd find some pants that zip into them. There would be nothing worse than having great pants or jacket and ending up with road rash between them. That is why I've been looking for textile pants that will zip into my jacket.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now i'm thinking i messed up because my jacket doesn't have a zipper to attach pants to. I'm thinking I should've just gotten a full textile suit. I've seen people get them on/off pretty quick.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just bought these - full kevlar lining (doubled in impact zones) plus knee/hip armor. Gonna take the knee out, wear Dainese V guards with A* SMX Plus boots - so kind of a multi-pronged solution. I crashed a broke a leg last year, so trust me, lower leg stuff is key.

Kyrano G8 Motorcycle Jeans Mens

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought these - full kevlar lining (doubled in impact zones) plus knee/hip armor. Gonna take the knee out, wear Dainese V guards with A* SMX Plus boots - so kind of a multi-pronged solution. I crashed a broke a leg last year, so trust me, lower leg stuff is key.

Kyrano G8 Motorcycle Jeans Mens

Completely agree with the lower leg protection. I had a friend while he was touring his wheel slipped in gravel and he went over a (small) cliff and dislocated his hip. He said it would have been a lot worse if he wasn't wearing the right gear - broken bones, back - I don't even want to imagine it. I'll always wear leg gear with armor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts