Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to make a bike purchase and am seriously considering this 250. Can anyone shed some light into how comfortable it is for the passenger? I really do not want my wife to give me crap about going anywhere with me because it hurts her rear.

Any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Take a look at the back seat, and overlooking the fact that it's got minimal area and padding, notice that little peak towards the front? Ya, women just *love* that. (sarcasm!) Seriously, how would you like to sit on a seat that hammered your junk every time you hit a bump?

Lots of sport bike rear seats are styled like that. Ask any woman whose sat on one for more than 15 minutes if it was even tolerable.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Prepare to have her give you crap then:eek: Although the 250 is capable of carrying a passenger, it doesn't mean said passenger will be comforable, especially on a long ride. She will be screaming for relief along with explitives at you. Sorry dude:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any aftermarket seat, extension, etc...that can be put on instead of the original seat to make it better?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am about to make a bike purchase and am seriously considering this 250. Can anyone shed some light into how comfortable it is for the passenger? I really do not want my wife to give me crap about going anywhere with me because it hurts her rear.

How much riding experience do you have?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, well, you mean costs for a different seat or a different bike? I have other options for a bike in the area, I just really like what I read about this one.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ah, well, you mean costs for a different seat or a different bike? I have other options for a bike in the area, I just really like what I read about this one.
I was thinking bike. I'm not aware of any rear seat alternatives. This really is a great bike though. You could buy two and ride side by side:). curious; what other bikes have you considered.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not trying to have jokes but make sure you and the wife don't exceed the passenger weight limits for the 250 before you make the purchase.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
None in the sport bike range. I have been out of the game for a few years and dont want to get anything too big right away. Other options for the moment are an 883 or a yamaha v-star 650.

I will not be doing much more than a short daily commute and around town stuff, but I am a little over an hour away from New Orleans, so if I want to take the lady out for a day ride, I want it to be comfortable. And it appears as though she would cut off my junk if she was made to sit on this seat for an hour and 15 minutes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh and the 883 is a 2006, the vstar is a 2007. Another reason this looked ideal was that I would have a warranty.

lol - we def do not exceed the weight limit. But thanks for askin... :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
None in the sport bike range. I have been out of the game for a few years and dont want to get anything too big right away. Other options for the moment are an 883 or a yamaha v-star 650.

I will not be doing much more than a short daily commute and around town stuff, but I am a little over an hour away from New Orleans, so if I want to take the lady out for a day ride, I want it to be comfortable. And it appears as though she would cut off my junk if she was made to sit on this seat for an hour and 15 minutes.
An hour and 15 doesn't seem too bad and if your combined weight is reasonably within limits I don't think it would be a problem. However being separated from your "junk" is a serious matter. I would choose the v-star over the 883 if those were the only options. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea like I said, neither of us are huge. A test drive will solve this, just trying to figure all I can out before the time comes.

Thanks for the 2 cents, I am thinking the same thing as well re: the vstar. Its a 2007 and only has 135 miles on it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yea like I said, neither of us are huge. A test drive will solve this, just trying to figure all I can out before the time comes.

Thanks for the 2 cents, I am thinking the same thing as well re: the vstar. Its a 2007 and only has 135 miles on it.
You mentioned your an hour or so away from New Orleans, look out for bikes that suffered from Katrina!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts

This is a lot more comfortable than the stock seat on a sportbike as the seat footpeg distance is comparatively more and there is something to hang onto behind (the grab rails which are not to uncomfortable). You can easily pad the seat too with 2" if medium density foam.

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-...unctional-seat-modification-2011-cbr250r.html

However, before you do all this a test ride with your pillion is in order... this is still no goldwing.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
The standard passenger seat is no good for anything more than short journeys. Someone mentioned maximum load weight before, as well. I know the maximum load weight is 180 kg on the UK model, but this varies world wide, so it's best to check. I really wouldn't advise two up touring on this bike. :D If you're thinking of going for the Sportster, you'd be much better off with a 2007 model. FI makes a big difference on them, IMHO. ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts