Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my girlfriend riding today before work for the first time...I was very impressed with the little cbr...the engine didnt strain at all like I thought it might,was worried it might..in fact..we even passed some slow moving traffic on a curvy 2 lane road when it was clear..no problem..plenty of power.

I had no troubles at all taking corners or standing the bike back up coming out of corners..no trouble at all...at both slow speed and normal speed

I already had the rear shock set at 4 and I was too lazy to readjust my mirrors so had to drop my head a bit to still see way back behind me...think i will use the spanner wrench and turn it to 5 next time to help a tad

all in all..I really couldnt tell hardly any difference at all between riding solo and riding with a passenger....xept for maybe her grabbing handfuls of my Fieldsheer jacket and occasionally lightly head butting me from behind during braking and acceleration......

I ordered one of these today to help with that in the future

PASSENGER BELT HANDLES RIDER HOLD TIGHT SAFETY MOTORCYCLE ATV PWC | eBay

she hadnt been on a bike in 10 years or more as a passenger..(she doesnt ride a motorcycle) she really loved it..had a blast...we plan on doubling up for some much longer trips

Just thought I would share my experience..some of the people on here who had talked about riding with a passenger , had me scared to even try for a long time..talking of the engine straining..hard to stand back up..blah,blah,blah...I now see those fears were unfounded ..

oh well..always heard dont believe anything you read and only half of what you see ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
At some point when I get some more miles under my belt I plan to tell my wife either she come for a ride sometime, or I find a girl a few years younger who will.

Jokes aside, she's the lowest risk human I know.

Glad to hear the bike will do it alright.

Neat belt. Can see other uses for that. :p

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I've ridden with about 330lbs of total weight on the bike w/o any issue.

That includes 90 miles of highway in Georgia.:)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine didnt want to go either..ive had my cbr since last july and ive asked her to ride many times..today i was kinda insistant...told her i really wanted her to go..i would be very careful and we would just go around the block..so go put ur shoes on..kinda surprised me when she dejectedly said..ok..like a little kid being told to go to its room..lol...

Of course I never planned on going JUST around the block (snicker) went for a 40 minute ride out in the country..now she already talking about future rides...lol..she was just nervous and scared and needed a little push that first time....good luck with your ladies..just dont gun it out of the driveway...lol..wait a little while first :p

·
Registered
928 Posts
Last year we were out ridin, wife was on the Sportster and the toe piece came off of the shifter. Had to the leave the Harley and too was surprised that I couldnt tell she was on the back of the CBR. Good thing I didnt replace the passenger seat with the cowl.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last year we were out ridin, wife was on the Sportster and the toe piece came off of the shifter. Had to the leave the Harley and too was surprised that I couldnt tell she was on the back of the CBR. Good thing I didnt replace the passenger seat with the cowl.
mines already asking me when im gonna order the $180 Corbin passenger seat :eek:

·
Registered
109 Posts
mine didnt want to go either..ive had my cbr since last july and ive asked her to ride many times..today i was kinda insistant...told her i really wanted her to go..i would be very careful and we would just go around the block..so go put ur shoes on..kinda surprised me when she dejectedly said..ok..like a little kid being told to go to its room..lol...

Of course I never planned on going JUST around the block (snicker) went for a 40 minute ride out in the country..now she already talking about future rides...lol..she was just nervous and scared and needed a little push that first time....good luck with your ladies..just dont gun it out of the driveway...lol..wait a little while first :p

That is great. My wife is the same way. Active disinterest.

·
Registered
534 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Not saying I wouldn't want a lady on the back....

Haven't been succeeding too much lately on that front.:/

Idk about stares. They aren't really grabbing me, usually the grab handles. I guess I am too focused on the road to notice.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I live out in the country so I *may* attempt taking my girlfriend down the road and around a little neighborhood to see how it rides. I'm glad to hear it doesn't affect the ride too much. I'm 140lbs (skinny, I know), and she's about the same, so I'm hoping won't be too bad. Only have about 200mi on it right now, and gear won't arrive until the end of the week, then I'll test my abilities on the highways.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
My grandmother is proud of my riding.:p

The real issue with her riding is how much she cares about comfort. It's not awful, but it's no cruiser either.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts