Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish people would learn to rotate their pictures before posting them to the forum. They care enough to paint/modify their bike. Don't they care enough to make the picture look nice when showing it off?

Also, brake/break - learn the difference!

I wish I had grown up in the 90's so I wouldn't care.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I wish people would learn to rotate their pictures before posting them to the forum. They care enough to paint/modify their bike. Don't they care enough to make the picture look nice when showing it off?

Also, brake/break - learn the difference!

I wish I had grown up in the 90's so I wouldn't care.
Seriously you read my mind.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Hmm, since this is a thread about pet peeves I'll say this:

I'm not too bothered about image formatting or English grammar but it's crazy arsed ideas that get up my chuff. Here's just a few stellar examples from the cbr250r library of really cool stuff :rolleyes:

1. Highway stirrups
2. CRF450 engine transplant
3. Drilling holes in stock mufflers

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
4. Register just to immediately sell your bike.
5. Say you "need" more power so you're buying a liter bike.
6. What's the best exhaust?
7. This bike's too slow!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys, not everyone here is a native English speaker. So please cut those of us a little slack or I'll start testing how good you are at foreign languages.;)
Trust me - I am NOT talking about those for whom English is not their first language.
Mostly a condemnation of the USA educational system over the last 20 years or so.

Rotate your pictures? Should be common sense (and courtesy to my neck muscles) world-wide.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I wish people would learn to rotate their pictures before posting them to the forum.
I didn't understand this problem until I got stuck with an iPhone by my employer. I don't know what it is, but if you take a portrait mode photo and rotate/save it in windows...once you upload to a forum the dang thing will rotate itself back sideways. It's almost like there's something hard-coded into the file. I have to take the extra step to strip out any metadata associated with images to make this problem go away.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
For forum-quality pictures, I try to always use my digital camera, which is a NBD pocket camera, and is dated, but it is way ahead of anything built into a multi-task device.
I typically run an image through Photoshop (a cheap $10 licensed version that I picked up a long time ago and still works on my new 64-bit desktop!) which allows rotating and cropping easily. I can adjust the light if I have to, but I'm not much good at that, so I try to have good lighting when I take the picture in the first place.

I have a LG Android as my first "smart" phone, and I don't use the camera much. The whole OS and processor/memory package is so bottom-rate, I swear my smart phone is using recreational drugs. :(

I am young enough to embrace digital technology, but old enough to know what it takes to make a decent image on the display. Or maybe I just care to take the time. After all, I had a darkroom in the basement growing up.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Well, I run what I brung, lol. The iPhone has a decent camera, probably better than my obsolete Panasonic Lumix compact zoom.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I second the hurt feeling! FFS its a motorcycle forum. You ask a dumb question (Google has alot of answers as does the search funtion on this forum), you post something reckless or dangerous, provide stupid advise, etc, you will be put in your place. Harden up and take it on the chin. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. You dont like it, then dont use a forum, which by its nature is a place to share your thoughts and opinions.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All I am trying to say, is, if you are going to post images of your latest mod, at least take the picture in good light, and use the camera in whatever orientation it takes to have the picture show right side up.

Otherwise, you are right, I will not even click on the thumbnail and will move on to the next thread.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I feel like I don't post enough, but that's mostly due to all my questions already bring answered. I have the same issue on the miata boards too....

Oh, and idiots giving advice to newbies, that gets on my nerve.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,926 Posts
In no particular order, a few of mine...

- Spelling & grammar.

- Hair brain, half baked ideas, the worse being those which are unsafe.

- Members who start the majority of their new threads in the General Discussion forum, when clearly the subject matter of those threads fits in one of the other topic specific forums. Hardly a day goes by without having to move at least a handful of threads to their proper forums.

- Hurt feelings. As Aus Rider so eloquently put it, "FFS it's a motorcycle forum"... some would do well to grow a pair.

- Every time someone starts a thread asking a question about engine oil, it's only a matter of time before The Great 'What's The Best Oil' Debate begins, and days later ends with people getting butt hurt over it all.

- Members who spam other members threads with unsolicited crap like "I've got a (fill in the blank) that I'm looking to sell... PM me if you're interested". I find these types of posts to be annoying at best. I think from here on out I'm just going to delete (or edit) those types of posts.

- Thread highjacking, particularly when others pile on to the 'new' discussion... it's just rude.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts