Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
"What grinds my gears" the most here is "buy a bigger bike if you want more power or faster bike".

Of course this is a social forum, but I know if I want a bigger bike (which I already own) I will ride it. Its my bike my money, if "I" want to spend $5000.00 on a $4500.00 250 its my choice seeing as "I" am paying for it not you, not the website sponsor... ME, MYSELF AND I.

I agree with JOEBOO "what grinds my gears" is a much better name for this topic......

·
Registered
902 Posts
Of course this is a social forum, but I know if I want a bigger bike (which I already own) I will ride it. Its my bike my money, if "I" want to spend $5000.00 on a $4500.00 250 its my choice seeing as "I" am paying for it not you, not the website sponsor... ME, MYSELF AND I.
Most of the pushback is against the "hay guyz I wuz wundrin if anyone has... [turbo/ big bore/ electric SC/ engine swap]" bull****ters who are simply wasting time and bandwidth with masturbatory fantasies they have neither the time or money to even begin.

These jackwagons either end up selling the 250 for a 600/1L within 5 months or never even buy the 250 on their way to the literbike they'll total in a crash before they ride 500 miles.

If someone wants to slap one of those new tiny Garrett snails on a 250 I'd love it. If they want to start fabbing kits for it, I'm buying. Until then, dudemanesque nonsense will be ridiculed mercilessly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My pet peeves are those too personal posts in social media sites especially in facebook and twitter that could be settled privately..Lol.. I don't know why but I think, We just have to think first before we post about something personal:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I'm back and I 'm here again to post my other pet peeves that I want to share aside from my previous one. Anyway, I'm just annoyed with those who chew gums , snap and pop it. I don't know why but I just can't see it that way:)

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts
Hi, I'm back and I 'm here again to post my other pet peeves that I want to share aside from my previous one. Anyway, I'm just annoyed with those who chew gums , snap and pop it. I don't know why but I just can't see it that way:)
Speaking for myself, if members here want to chew gum, blow and pop bubbles while logged in and posting on these forums, it's fine by me.

One of my forum peeves is when we get posts, where the poster doesn't know or understand what the thread topic is actually about.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You son of a biscuit!!!

I'm not a fan of nonconstructive criticism. I don't find it a problem here as much, but hopped on a cafe racer site (was looking to get some insight and see if it would be a fun project to take on) and everyone just shot me down saying that it wasn't safe and that I should just get a stock bike that I love and call it a day. I'm not sure half of them read my post. I had a few people assuming that I didn't even know how to operate a motorcycle. Pretty much I don't like [email protected]**s.

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts
You son of a biscuit!!!

I'm not a fan of nonconstructive criticism. I don't find it a problem here as much, but hopped on a cafe racer site (was looking to get some insight and see if it would be a fun project to take on) and everyone just shot me down saying that it wasn't safe and that I should just get a stock bike that I love and call it a day. I'm not sure half of them read my post. I had a few people assuming that I didn't even know how to operate a motorcycle. Pretty much I don't like [email protected]**s.
What kind of project was it that you were proposing?

For what it's worth, we do get the occasional 'half baked' ideas pop up on this site as well, and quite often the reply posts from experienced members will be blunt and to the point... particularly when what is being proposed is seen as unsafe or ill advised. After all, these are street legal motorcycles, and not some homemade go-kart intended to just tear around with out in the back forty.

One such thread here was the guy who came up with the makeshift foot stirrups out of pieces of rope... sort of a poor man's highway pegs (on a sport bike no less :rolleyes:). Needless to say that idea was not well received at all by those of us not keen on the idea of having feet tangled up in the event of the bike going down.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm looking to start a build next summer. I was hoping to poke around a get some direction, and figure out some of the pitfalls associated with building a cafe racer.

I'm looking forward to meeting and interacting with everyone.
That's pretty much all I said. I talked about wanting something that foremost ran well and was safe and if I could, looked good. I wasn't even going in to any type of bike or design in the thread. All I asked was if anyone had any advice on starting points or had any pitfalls to look out for. Besides, if I did do one, it would be more of a rebuild with cosmetic changes only if I can.

I remember that guy. Was he using PVC on the end of the rope? I was pretty new to riding when that came up, and knew right away that it was not such a good idea.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
That's pretty much all I said. I talked about wanting something that foremost ran well and was safe and if I could, looked good. I wasn't even going in to any type of bike or design in the thread. All I asked was if anyone had any advice on starting points or had any pitfalls to look out for. Besides, if I did do one, it would be more of a rebuild with cosmetic changes only if I can.

I remember that guy. Was he using PVC on the end of the rope? I was pretty new to riding when that came up, and knew right away that it was not such a good idea.
This is one of my favorite pages I found when I was thinking of building one: Nisky Garage - Home
It's the story of two H.S. shop classes competing in two builds.

This is what I was wanting to build:

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts

I'm curious to see the replies you got on that site... can you post a link to your thread?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts