Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a shiny new 2011 CBR250R yesterday. Soon as I got it home I pulled the exhaust heat shield and painted it black. Silver just wasn't working for me.

First impressions: Good lord this thing is gutless compared to my other bikes. But it should be perfect for the wife. The seating position is more like a standard than anything else, and it's really easy to maneuver around. I only got it to 65 on the way home and it wasn't chomping at the bit to do any more than that. I was taking it easy, though..

And now, more pictures:

Just a matter of time before the Shadow goes to another owner, where she'll actually get ridden. The other three, I'm going to try like **** to hold on to forever and ever

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in the middle of rebuilding a 79 cb650 and thought i better stick with the cbr250r so i can ride legally, could'nt wait for black. My patience is is as thin as melted ice so i settled for red and silver. The pipe looks good all black tho.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats!
what kind of paint did you use for the heat shield? did you spray can it?
Nice stable you got going on there, if I had the $$ and room to store them I'd probably collect a few steeds my self. Enjoy.

Just whatever I had in the garage... I think it was Rustoleum high heat RustOleum.com

Hand sanded with some 120 grit or some crap like that then put on a ton of coats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.