Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a shiny new 2011 CBR250R yesterday. Soon as I got it home I pulled the exhaust heat shield and painted it black. Silver just wasn't working for me.

First impressions: Good lord this thing is gutless compared to my other bikes. But it should be perfect for the wife. The seating position is more like a standard than anything else, and it's really easy to maneuver around. I only got it to 65 on the way home and it wasn't chomping at the bit to do any more than that. I was taking it easy, though..

And now, more pictures:

Just a matter of time before the Shadow goes to another owner, where she'll actually get ridden. The other three, I'm going to try like **** to hold on to forever and ever

·
Registered
999 Posts
I like what you did with the pipe. It goes with the black bike quite nicely.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I get to pick mine up on monday and ride with a license for a change.
Thought i better start with what i know is best bullet proof honda's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in the middle of rebuilding a 79 cb650 and thought i better stick with the cbr250r so i can ride legally, could'nt wait for black. My patience is is as thin as melted ice so i settled for red and silver. The pipe looks good all black tho.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm sure your wife will enjoy it. It may not be fast but there's no doubt that it's fun. I'll take fun over fast any day of the week. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats!
what kind of paint did you use for the heat shield? did you spray can it?
Nice stable you got going on there, if I had the $$ and room to store them I'd probably collect a few steeds my self. Enjoy.

Just whatever I had in the garage... I think it was Rustoleum high heat RustOleum.com

Hand sanded with some 120 grit or some crap like that then put on a ton of coats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts