Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we went this afternoon and picked up my wife's black 2012 CBR250 today. It looks so freaking nice sitting next to my red beauty. lol Here's a few cell phone pics we got of them just a little bit ago. My wife is so excited to have her own.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Hip hip hooray!!! Next, MSF right? Congrats to the wife. :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is VERY nice that she's into it and I'll have a riding partner! We're both beginners so we figured matching (well other than color) bikes would be great to start off on. Plus she fell in love with mine when I brought it home last week.

Yep we're signed up to start the MSF course on April 27th. It'll be classroom on the 27th and 4th and riding on the 29th and 6th. We're both very excited for the course too. I've gotten very comfortable on mine going downt he road but still get wobbly and nervous at parking lot speeds so I'll appreciate the slow speed parking lot drills in the course. We're also going to sign up for the second level course for more advanced stuff in the fall that they offer here too. I rode hers to work tonight since she's not quite ready for the ride to work yet and her jacket still hasn't arrived yet either. I figured I might as well go ahead and scrub off the mold release crap off the tires for her. LOL.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'd really like to do the same with my girlfriend and get a tri-color version for her.
She doesn't seem to have the same will, though :p

Enjoy!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, I'm not sure. Hopefully not too soon considering she's starting with absolutely NO knowledge of motorcycles at all and never even drove a manual tranny car before! At least I had a decent chunk of dirt bike riding experience and I've ridden street bikes here and there before(never really through traffic or anything though).

I'm not 100% certain what I even want to upgrade to when the time does come. I've always been more fond of the cruisers but after riding this I'm actually thinking of going with a 600 sport bike when it's that time. Not sure yet though because I've read that their riding position isn't near as upright and comfortable as ours on the 250's.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Hope weather for your course in warm and dry. Years ago when I took mine, the track days were cold and rainy, brrrrr

The supersport bike have a more agressive forward lean. This ceebee is a nice balance. Keep us posted on this husband/wife riding team.:D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Congratulations. I'm taking the MSF course this weekend with my 17 year old son. My wife, who has a black 250r just like your wife's, is the more experienced rider and took the MSF course a few years ago. We thoroughly enjoyed the one ride we've had together. We're looking forward to a break in the weather so we can get out more.

As to moving up to a bigger bike, I've been told repeatedly by my friends who ride that I'm going to want a bigger bike by the end of the year. That's not happening anyway because of family finances, but I'm having such fun on my 250r that I'm pretty sure that I won't want to move up. That said, the bike I really wanted before I knew anything about the CBR250r was the ShadowRS. I found the seating position very comfortable. It's more upright than most cruisers. I don't know what I would move "up" to now, though. I really like this bike a lot.

I say, enjoy these bikes and your opportunity to spend quality time with your wife and forget about other bikes (and other women, too. LOL)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Hope weather for your course in warm and dry. Years ago when I took mine, the track days were cold and rainy, brrrrr
Careful, L2R, people are going to call for you to turn in your "Canadian" card again. ;) lol

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Careful, L2R, people are going to call for you to turn in your "Canadian" card again. ;) lol
Whaaat-evvvverrrr! Remember, I'ma sissy.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Congrats to you and your wife! Enjoy the MSF class--I LOVED it (class/licensed 3/11, 2011 Honda CBR250R with ABS in black delivered 3/16, 440 miles later 4/17 and still smiling!

Also, read "Proficient Motorcycling" (v.2) by David Hough--excellent, relevant and informative book on the technical aspects of biking.

Stay safe, ride strong!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Sissies don't ride tricked out sport bikes, even with a pink tank bag.
NOTE: Use my tank bag as a carry on when flying which matches my luggage:D Don't throw it on my bike. Last used it on my 1,000cc on a 5 day trip to Jasper, AB. Solo:D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
^so noted. :)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
^:DHave fun on your MSF course with your son this weekend:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts