Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're pretty stoked about it and she's getting really excited to have her own bike. She's already got the helmet and gloves and the jacket on the way too. lol. We're not sure yet but I might end up with the black one though because I REALLY like the black and she likes the red better. The only thing is that the red is really growing on me fast and everytime I see her out in the sun I am really shocked just how beautiful the red is.

Also we got signed up for the same dates for the motorcycle rider course so we'll be attending that together too. I'll get pics up sometime next week.

·
Registered
305 Posts
That's awesome! You guys sound like my hubby and me. He bought mine last Saturday and my friend rode it to my house for me on Tuesday. I'm not allowed to ride it until I take the course. We are both signed up to take the course on the 27th. Waiting sucks!!! Especially when I have to look at it in the garage every day. lol. Congrats on the new bike!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, That would suck. Lucky for her she's been practicing on mine and will continue on hers once we get it. She's still not out on the road yet though but she's working up to that. She got her permit yesterday so when she's ready she can go out on the road though. That's funny because the 27th is our first night for the course too! I hope ya'll have fun and learn a lot.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Brilliant! There's several husband wife cbr teams now. How much fun is that!!!:D Even better you guys are taking lessons together. You plan on using the bikes provided? Or yours? I'd suggest the schools. Learn on theirs lol don't wanna risk dropping your brand new rides:D:D

·
Registered
305 Posts
We are DEFINITELY using THEIRS!!!! hahahaha. If I'm dropping a bike, it's not gonna be my brand new one! Plus, the course cost 125 so I'm also getting my money's worth. But I hear that is pretty cheap. Hubby is getting a 2006 Honda Shadow next week. Just waiting on the guy selling it to us. He didn't want the 250. Said he felt more comfortable on a cruiser. Plus, he wrecked a CBR600 a few years back so I think he's done with sport bikes. But I am glad he's taking the course with me. Makes me feel better. Plus, we can have a something to do together now. :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Also, the school provides helmets but should we bring our own to get used to them? Or would that make us look like pretentious douchebags? The only reason I would want to is to get used to it. Plus, I'm kind of OCD about germs etc...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
My son and I are taking the MSF course next week. I'm bringing my own helmet (he doesn't own one). I don't think that's uncommon at all.

My wife has the black one and I have the red one. She refused to trade because the black one "goes with any color I wear" .

BTW, she's the one with the riding experience and I'm the one that's new to the lifestyle. Loving every minute of it, too.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Also, the school provides helmets but should we bring our own to get used to them? Or would that make us look like pretentious douchebags? The only reason I would want to is to get used to it. Plus, I'm kind of OCD about germs etc...
Bring you own helmet. It's not pretentious or makes you a douche bag lol Courses that i know of offer the helmets in case some students don't have their own. Most wear their own. Yuck....who want to wear a helmet that has sat on thousands of random heads:p

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
My son and I are taking the MSF course next week. I'm bringing my own helmet (he doesn't own one). I don't think that's uncommon at all.

My wife has the black one and I have the red one. She refused to trade because the black one "goes with any color I wear" .

BTW, she's the one with the riding experience and I'm the one that's new to the lifestyle. Loving every minute of it, too.
And what's wrong with the good woman's theory Empty Sea?????:D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
^I'm still riding the red one, aren't I? LOL

·
Registered
305 Posts
CJ asked me why I wanted the black one instead of the tri color and I said the exact same thing! Everything goes with black. And it's SLIMMING!!!! :D I am not girly at all. But I wouldn't mind a lil pink on my bike. In the far far far future. But only a tiny amount.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL ya'll are too much! We'll be taking our own helmets and we're still kinda torn on whether or not to use our bikes or theirs. On one hand I'd like to be very familiar with MY bike but like stated I'd rather drop theirs if I drop one. And our course here is free in PA! They are sponsored by the bike manufacturers. I don't see why they don't so this everywhere. My best friend is going through the course in FL and has to pay $290 for the same exact course!

Oh and on a side note I washed mine and lubed the chain for the first time yesterday! Plus I got rid of the stupid warning stickers on the gas tank. With my ride to work today I'm at just shy of 350 miles already and I've only had her a week as of yesterday! LOL. I LOVE this thing though and want to ride all the time.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CJ asked me why I wanted the black one instead of the tri color and I said the exact same thing! Everything goes with black. And it's SLIMMING!!!! :D I am not girly at all. But I wouldn't mind a lil pink on my bike. In the far far far future. But only a tiny amount.
HA HA EVERY piece of riding gear my wife got has pink on it! The funny thing is that she's not a super girly girl either (she's a country girl) but she says she wants people to know that's a GIRL riding that motorcylce! LOL

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
^ since I'm not actually licensed, it would be a bad idea for me to show up on my own bike so I will ride theirs

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
^I'm still riding the red one, aren't I? LOL
You're a good man!!! (if you were'nt snatched up already i'd comma lookin j/k) How's her "riding wear" coming along???? I just bought a new black and iridescent white Icon jacket....to match my "boys" new look. Match's my Icon gloves from couple years back, black and white of course. Finally purchased new helmet, (purple) been 5 years and it dropped couple times ooops! :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
FREE?????? Wow. Sure wish they'd do that here in NC. Harley's Rider's Edge is 290. The college I go to is a comm college and it's 175. The place I'm going is a comm college closer to my house and it's 125. Plus, my school is booked until end of May. I refused to pay Harley that much to get on their Buell Blast's. lol. And the place I'm going fit me into the next available. So I can't complain. Besides my lack of patience. And the fact that I am killing this website. I've been trolling on here since 6pm. Just reading like everything. haha. My best friend at school warned me about this. I'm turning into him. Addiction is a bitch. Imagine when I start riding!!!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
HA HA EVERY piece of riding gear my wife got has pink on it! The funny thing is that she's not a super girly girl either (she's a country girl) but she says she wants people to know that's a GIRL riding that motorcylce! LOL
I've got a perfect pink and white Icon jacket for your wife lol. Wore it twice. Full armour. Not rockin' the pink

·
Registered
305 Posts
You're a good man!!! (if you were'nt snatched up already i'd comma lookin j/k) How's her "riding wear" coming along???? I just bought a new black and iridescent white Icon jacket....to match my "boys" new look. Match's my Icon gloves from couple years back, black and white of course. Finally purchased new helmet, (purple) been 5 years and it dropped couple times ooops! :D
I was dying for the Icon Contra jacket. I wanted it baaaaad. But I couldn't justify buying two jackets off the bat. I need one that I can wear all year. So I got an all weather jacket. But I've got the Icon on my wishlist for the hubs. We do have an anniversary in July. LOL. I buy him guns all the time so he better hook it up!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Her birthday is 5/1 and Mother's Day is right around the corner. Her gifts from the kids and me will be some new gear. Starting with a lid and probably pants since she has a jacket already. I want her in a full face helmet--can't have that beautiful jaw line getting messed up. Then boots. It's quite the process, really.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Her birthday is 5/1 and Mother's Day is right around the corner. Her gifts from the kids and me will be some new gear. Starting with a lid and probably pants since she has a jacket already. I want her in a full face helmet--can't have that beautiful jaw line getting messed up. Then boots. It's quite the process, really.
Start with the full face lid. Want to keep her intelligent too. No mushy heads!!!!:eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts