Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few cell phone pics I got from yesterday after I picked up my new baby and took it out for a ride around the countryside. I ended up putting about 75 miles on her in just a few hours. I had an absolute blast and this bike is so easy to learn on.

Here's the best part though. My wife came home and started looking at it and wanted to sit on it and then the next thing I know she's talking about wanting me to teach her how to ride it and wanting to get her own!! I took her out this afternoon for a little over an hour and had her to where she could take off fairly smoothly and go down our street and loop around at the end of the cul de sac and come back and stop which I consider pretty good considering she's never even driven a manual car before! She had no idea what was what or how to work a clutch this morning and now she's wanting to go out to a big abandoned parking lot in town and practice more! Looks like I'm gonna have a riding partner! LOL She wants to go look at getting the brand new 2012 black cbr 250 they just got at the dealer I got mine from. I told her if we get it she can have the red and I'll take the black!!

Me on my first motorcycle! Happy as can be!

In front of the Benton dam

The Josiah Hess covered bridge

Lookin pretty!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Looks like you have some nice back roads to ride. Have your wife check out the Rebel too.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^^ +1

Welcome to the forum!

Don't hesitate to ask any questions regarding mods. Just be certain to read through the bike manual as it clearly states many of the things people ask about on the forum.

Also be cautious about placing your helmet on the bike. A fall from that height could render the helmet unsafe. I always place it around the footpeg or on the ground when close to my bike.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Great pix and welcome to the forum. My wife and I both have CBR250s. We're looking forward to riding together this summer. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Beautiful. Reminds me of Bridges of Madison County:D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everybody! Yeah we have some beautiful backroads up here with lots of twisties too so it makes awesome riding! And I normally don't put my helmet up there, I just did it for a "photo op" LOL.

Oh and yeah, I've been on many forums so I already have the habit of searching and reading before asking. I've actually been on here just reading and searching for a few weeks before I joined just gathering info. This site and a few youtube videos are what made my decision between the ninja and cbr a VERY clear choice. I've gotta say though out of the many forums I've been on this is by far one of the friendliest I've ever seen. It's a really nice enviroment ya'll have here!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I should of welcomed you when I posted earlier. Kudoos for watching your wife ride you're brand new baby. The ceebee is a gem. Has brought me one full year, now starting on the second year of smiles and joy. Buy your wife one and join the husband/wife teams of cbr riders on this forum. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have got to know what you did to get your wife on the bike! Lol, looks like your having as much fun as I am with the new bike, shiny side up, rubber side down. Good luck

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome aboard, looks great for riding there - wish my wife would jump on the back let alone buy a bike :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I got really lucky with my wife that's for sure. She's a southern country girl that likes to ride 4 wheelers and other stuff plus she grew up operating her grandfathers heavy equipment for his business(removing gas tanks out of the ground and putting in new ones). And I actually the bike sold itself. LOL I had mentioned about her maybe getting one too and she wasn't very interested at all but when she came home from work and saw mine she pretty much fell in love right away.

I went out again today for another ride before I had to go to work (working 3-11 REALLY SUCKS!) and put another 45 or so miles on her. I am hooked on this thing and daydream at work about the next day when I can ride her again. Good news is that starting this next weekend it's FINALLY supposed to warm back up again and stay decent at night so I'll be riding her to work and start the huge gas savings. It's been nice during the day here but dropping into the low 30's at night which is just too much for me right now for a 30+ mile commute because I don't have any cold weather gear yet.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Hey Ibex...how about a new ride report post on your blog? I've enjoyed reading the ones that are there. Let's get on that! ;)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
In front of the Benton dam
welcome to the club :)

nice pics !! ^ this was my fav :cool:

don't sleep on the red , have you seen BBoyd's on this site :eek:
red with black rims is very nice my friend (indian accent):D

black tail fairing , and a black honda wing on the sides is a classic cbr look :eek:

(would have never let my girl ride my new toy without and manual experience) (wisper voice) ;)

have fun , always reminisce when a new rider enters the world of motorcycles :)

bikes are contagious :D:D:D like the flu :D:confused::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks sniper! That pic is my favorite also and is my wallpaper on my work computer. I'm not really knocking the red because it is gorgeous, especially in the bright sunlight but there's just something about the black one's. I also really like the tri-color ones too. I guess I just want one of each! LOL
It was VERY scary and nerve racking letting her ride it but she's very cool headed and catches on quick to everything so I let her go for it. She did good though and I'm very proud of her and now she's hooked! LOL

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I guess I just want one of each! LOL
we all do , one to rattle , one to shut-off ;)
mine is a rattler but she shuts-off when i don't ride her enough ;)

preaching to the choir when it comes to the black mamba :D

rule # ?? = don't let anyone ride your motorcycle , could lead to fatal injury

...but in her case being your other half (there is always an exception to the rules);)
still sweat like a parent teaching his kids how to ride a bicycle :eek::eek:

plus , she handle farm equipment !? :confused::eek:
automatically qualifies her to ride the cb :D:D

personally would buy her one soon , (so she wouldn't have to ride mine)(wisper voice again);)

ps- on the pic i was thinking: jetski down the waterfalls would be so fun :)

two is always better than one :cool:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Nice scenery. Welcome to the community

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol not exactly farm equipment. More like a huge track hoe, hinged front end loader, bobcat and a backhoe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I have only managed to put 120 miles on my bike and I have had it for a month now! Looks like I got some riding to do ;)

Definitely get her one before you don't have one anymore :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, that would kill me to have her set that much! I get up every day and go for a ride for an hour or two before I have to come home and get ready for work. LOL I'll roll over 200 miles within a few minutes tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts