Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got my permit this week and i have never rode a bike before. Was gonna get a Yamaha R6 until i saw the insurance on it :eek:. Now i am gonna be buying a brand new CBR250r and the insurance will be a 1/4 the price of the R6 plus the MPG is outstanding. You guys got any advice for me when i walk into the dealership here in a couple hours? Leaning towards the black or red bike, not much of a fan for the tri.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have always wanted black, but i had the same thoughts on the red one. If i went red, i would def be blacking out all the silver and rims with a red stripe on the lip.

·
Registered
636 Posts
when i first saw the bikes on the internet last year, i was sure that black was going tobe my color of choice, but when i saw the bikes in person, the red really looked good, and the tri color wasnt availible yet..i still got black and love it but wait til you see the bikes in person..

·
Registered
160 Posts
Contact 3-6 dealers around you and get an OTD (Out the Door) Price before going to visit a dealer. Some may quote you a great price, but have allot of add-on fees, etc. Once you settle on a price and dealer, then go get your bike. Cycletrader.com generally has prices for allot of dealers, some "net only" prices.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I ended up buying a brand new black cbr250 for 4800 out the door. Kind of hard to get a better deal on a brand new bike that is already a great deal! I'm happy with it though. Been riding all day. I'm getting the hang of it since I have never rode before.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
628 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Safe riding!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha I'm gonna try and hold off on the modding for as long as I can. This winter I will powdercoat the rims black and put a red stripe around the lip. Most of my money goes into my truck :)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 13 of 13 Posts