Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I had recently bought a used CBR250R (2012 model) with minor issues. Bike is done up and is in in perfect running condition now.

One pending issue is that the RPM meter does not work while riding; however the meter needle goes to top and comes back when the ignition is turned on. I have shown it to a bike electrician but he gave me excuses, I felt he does not want to do the work.

Anybody can help me with suggestions to resolve this issue? Meter console looks sad without the red needle moving around!

I live in Chennai city; please suggest a good mechanic / electrician who can fix this problem for me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Can't help you find a mechanic, but it sounds like the tach is getting power (needle moves at start-up) but the connection to the ignition isn't there.

I'd start by finding a wiring diagram and identifying the wire color that connects the tach with the ignition system, then trace it to see if there is a break or a bad connector. Something is interrupting the connection, or whatever collects the signal is not working.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Have you checked the battery and battery connections?

Do you trust his diagnosis? Sounds like he may have just been taking an educated guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you checked the battery and battery connections?

Do you trust his diagnosis? Sounds like he may have just been taking an educated guess.
Yes, he is quite known in that side of the city; and he fixed all wiring problems like one indicator was not working, horn was going on and off etc etc. Battery and everything else seems fine..this one issue unresolved still.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts