Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I first read about the new CBR250R while on vacation with my son. I have been riding on and off for 30 years. I have owned a cb650, vf750f interceptor, zx1100, zrx1100. We own 3 Honda cars, and a beat up old 91 Jeep.

Will you please clean up this site?

I am buying my son a cbr250 as a surprise gift. I was hoping this site would be a good place for riders to share information. I have been reading the posts here for about a month. Initially I was very impressed. Lately it has gone way down hill.

The internet is remarkable. We would have died to have access to all this info 30 years ago when I bought my first 650.

I can not imagine the advertisers are to keen about some of the language and pictures.

"It costs nothing to be polite" Winston Churchill

sean curry

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome Sean, coming from another Sean all I can say is I honestly believe the issue with the forum lately has been a bunch of people joining that are just here to make trouble, and talk down about the cbr 250r, more than likely ninja owners. But I have no issue with your request and as another first time rider, I hope to see your son on here soon. :) What a great gift for a kid. You should enroll him in a MSF course, and dont forget the gear with that gift!

Be Safe

·
Banned
104 Posts
"It costs nothing to be polite" Winston Churchill
You've got to be kidding. You are quoting the man who introduced the idea of mass murdering innocent civilians by aerial bombing. Churchill is the 5th most prolific murderer in history.. right up there with Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi Sean - welcome to the forum. I just came back from a morning ride on the CBR250R. It is beautiful and sunny. What a thoroughly enjoyable bike. What a thoroughly enjoyable ride. Hope your son is benevolent enough to lend you the bike when he gets it. :D I can't imagine liking a bike more right now than I'm liking my CBR250R. It just does everything well.

Mike

·
Registered
928 Posts
You've got to be kidding. You are quoting the man who introduced the idea of mass murdering innocent civilians by aerial bombing. Churchill is the 5th most prolific murderer in history.. right up there with Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot.
Morphy, I must be rubbin off on ya!:D

·
Banned
104 Posts
Sean, ^^^^ this would be one of those people I was speaking of.
Interesting that I was in your thoughts because I never knew you existed.

Referencing a mass murderer while calling for peace is not only ignorant and stupid but an insult to peaceful people everywhere. The fact that you don't know your history is your deficiency.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome sean c! I hope that you (and your son, eventually) are able to stick around.

I don't know who the site owner is, but hopefully he or she will sticky some rules and designate a moderator or two to keep an eye on things. Unfortunately, people's internet filters are not nearly as ingrained as those that regulate their in-person actions. The anonymity of the 'net doesn't help matters either.

Let's hope for the best. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
As with any site on the internet, it is up to the user to filter through the extraneous information to find the relevant data.

The CBR250R is a great motorcycle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts